turnlength.txt generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EmperorMatthewI
    All I have to say about this mod is,"Thank God for DDowell!" With this, I might consider resuming my WWII project.
    That would be great
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Great little program, just what i was looking for
      I had a short panic with the turnlengHt.txt but fixed it manually so, thats not so bad.

This thread should be topped.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
        This thread should be topped.
        Actual we only need a thread that links to these helpfull programs, too and not only to the mods and scenario threads.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          Actual we only need a thread that links to these helpfull programs, too and not only to the mods and scenario threads.
          -Martin
          Heh, my day only has 24hrs...
          Volunteering?

Comment

Any new version out, DDowell? And of course this little program needs a place in the Modification -> Utilies section definatly.

-Martin

Comment

I wasn't planning to...

do another version of the turnlength program but if there is a common interest in a new one I will. I will however require some feedback about what changes should be made.
              Please feel free to post your thoughts.
              I am also open to ideas on other useful utilities.
              So much to do in so little time...

Comment

One big useful utility would be a sprite creator. Now a days we can only make sprites (CTP2 graphics with movement) filling a not very friendly txt file. I think it would be nice if we had a program to fill this much easily dealing with/showing graphics anf not graphic file names. Specially for unit sprites txt.
                Of course you would have to learn how this work and as i said it isnt very friendly.
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Good idea, Pedrunn
                  Even more useful would be a sprite-unpacker - but that's infinitely more difficult to make...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                    Good idea, Pedrunn
                    Even more useful would be a sprite-unpacker - but that's infinitely more difficult to make...
                    Actual it is easier to make the sprite unpacker. For instance you have only to understand how the graphics are stored in that file, you don't have to understand how the non graphics data describes what is an animation picture, a death picture and so on. For that task you actual need just to make a file viewer that interpretes every byte as in that picture as 16bit *.tga pixel. Then make a test sprite and you see what is graphics and what is data.

-Martin

Comment

No, a sprite unpacker is harder, as you don't need to actually create sprites for a sprite maker, just a graphical interface for the Sprite Tool...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                        No, a sprite unpacker is harder, as you don't need to actually create sprites for a sprite maker, just a graphical interface for the Sprite Tool...
                        Actual it depends on that you want, if you just want to get the graphics then it is easy, you just need to create a commando based program that gets as an argument the sprite file and will extract the graphics. Actual there is no need for an graphical user interface. Of course if you whish to be able to recompile the graphics afterwards again without to put a lot of time into renaming it and and adapting the script file if necessary then it is more difficuilt. But as I said it is possible to create with the sprite maker a lot of sprites to create examples. Martin the Dane started first only with a TileViewer before the program turned into TileEdit, the program was able to show as much as we understood of the graphics format. So actual the first step to create a sprite maker/editor with a graphical user interface is the creaton of a sprite viewer you have to understand the format.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X