No announcement yet.

World At War! (1900 - 1950) V1.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale: Great. I'm just finishing up playtesting Cradle v1.3 beta. So I should be ready to play this latest version when you're ready to release it

BTW, have you given any thought to making a World at War Mod for the years 1951 to 2000?

Comment

Dale,
      Is the game supposed to crash (or, more accurately, freeze) when you try to open the research screen (F6 key)? Well, I suppose not (that would be something ), but any ideas on what might cause this?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Leonidas:

Nah, no plans from me to make a WAW 1950-2000. Though, if pushed hard enough I might think about one based on the Cold War.......

Locutus:

Yeah I noticed that on the weekend. I have no idea WTF is happening with that.

I wonder if it has something to do with my order of advances in the .txt file.

Comment

Dear Dale;
          I am have some dificulty getting the program to work. I have downloaded all the files and I go to open it in ModSwapper.
          Then the game begins to load and will suddenly pop back out to windows and the message SLIC Error appears about 40 times The fall under the following heading C:\PROGRAM FILES\ACTIVISION\CALL TO POWER 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\WAW_capturecity.sic:2 6: No function named DestroyBuilding
          It changes sic numbers and the last part changes a few times as well. Not sure how to fix it hope you do any help is appreciated.
          Thank you,
          CIAGreg

Comment

CIAGreg:

Quickfix:
            1. Reinstall the Activision 1.1 or 1.11 official patch.
            2. Reinstall WAW.

Comment

Comments

Dear Dale:
              The game was very good and I commend you on your work. I do however have some suggestions.
              First of all, I have some issues with the tech tree. Naval warfare is one which I think given the fact that there where Battle Crusiers and Cruisers fairly early in the century and should therefore be accessable early on in the game. I understand the idea of the aircraft carrier came later so it should perhaps have its own topic. Next, Nylon and paratrooper should also be avaliable soon due to its use before things like tiger and sherman tanks. Then there is the V1 which should also be avaliable much sooner for much of the same reasons as the Nylon. I can understand your desire to lump like advances together to aviod have to meke more topics. I personally apprieciate the time you put into making this. I am simply oe of those people who prefer it to be as historically accurate as possible.
              Finally, I strongly have a problem with the governments as a have in the original game. The fascist, in particular Germany, was very reasearch minded. The fact is that had it not been for Hitler picking a fight with too many people we all might be speaking German. Thier equipment was more armoured with more punch to them. Even German aircraft were in many ways superior and whould have had devastating impact had Hitler not desided to play gerneral. All this is an indication of the huge scientific machine the Nazi's had going. Also the Russians while not as advanced as the Americans were very much into science. the Russians put the first satalite into orbit and took a huge leap in rocket technology. They also developed the first submarines to house nukes. while alot of Russian advances where made on thier own, due to the opening knowledge of Russian espionage a staggering number of advnces where stolen. so perhaps a edge in espionage would fit more with the communist.
              One last thing I would recommend changing is the max. numbers of cities for the empires, for there is no other NEW form of government to switch to to aviod unhappiness.
              Again good job on the game hope these suggestions might make it better.
              Thanks,
              CIAGreg

Comment

CIAGreg:

Thanks for playing and the suggestions.

You and I want this era to be historically accurate. This why I've made some tech choices like I did:

- Sure some technologies were available earlier, but they did not come into useage untill later. IE: tanks were invented in the 1830's (they called them tractors back then), but didn't come into a viable war-machine until combustion engines. Rocketry has been around since the 1930's, but the advances in radar, vacuum tubes and fuels stopped V1's untill 1942 (first test in Denmark). Synthetic materials had been around since the 1920's due to medical and chemical research, but Du Pont didn't invent nylon untill 1932. It took about 5 more years till nylon was used in parachutes. In reality, nylon was invented for lingere (stockings).

Thus, a lot of the tech tree placements are very dependant on the actual beginning of common useage. Take penicillin. Discovered in the late 1920's, but it wasn't till World War II when USA started making billions of units per month that it became "available".

When I finish the great library, have a read through the historys and you'll see why I chose the placements as such.

As for ships, I can see your point. Maybe some of those ships in naval warfare could move to radar, when naval warfare became interesting. I'll think about it for a future update.

Comment

Dear Dale,
                  I see you points and are well taken. I was interested in what you thoughts about the governments science rating as I tried to deminstrate that the Facisist were better at researching than depicted in the game.
                  CIAGreg

Comment

CIA:

Actually, come to think of it, the research for fascist nations is pretty low. Hmm....

Here's what I'll try. I've finished the txt mods to V1.03, but what I'll do is change the possible science percentage to 70% (same as democracy) from 60% (same as communism).

Basically, I'll change the gov's so that communism is the big producer, democracy is the big science, and fascist is inbetween. All the economies of the time were pretty even so I'll make economics all the same.

Comment

Dale!

I've been playing World At War 1.2 for a few days now. Fantastic!

Looking forward to 1.3.....and beyond!

Comment

EM:

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate. Now for some good news. All the mods for V1.03 are complete, Plus! the Great Library is finished as well. Man, that's one DOG of a file!

Here's a preview of some of the changes:

- Battlecruiser and Cruisers now available with Assembly Lines.
                        - Empire size changed to 75 for all Govs.
                        - Fascist now has science equivalent to the era (Dem - 80%, Fas - 70%, Com - 60%) and production (Dem - 1.15, Fas - 1.3, Com - 1.5)
                        - Barbs elliminated (see next point).
                        - New concept/unit: Revolutionaries. Either join you or fight against you (they are what barbs were).
                        - Great Library complete, with history texts for advances & units.
                        - All bugs detected eradicated.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                        X