Small wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small wonders

Civ 3 has a new concept, that of small wonders, which all civs can build one of. I do not know if this can be imitated via slic, but if we can come up with some good ideas, I bet our guys here would give it their best shot.
    So, what can you come up with?

Probably the easiest way to do this is Really expensive buildings with awesome benefits.

Comment

Well at least we could have historically accurate wonders (FE pyramids in egypt)
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
      Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Comment

When you kill a wonder in slic can it be still made

If so we could put some code in so that the wonder appears in your city and a turn later disappears but it’s legacy continues on your city throw slic
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Its not very difficult I shouldn't think.
          Just a mod_ function to scan for whether a building has been built or not, and some sort of check to determine whether it has ever been built.
          I'll take a look later if Wouter doesn't beat me to it.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wow I did not know you could have animated avatars
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
              Probably the easiest way to do this is Really expensive buildings with awesome benefits.
              Well, the trick is to make those benefits "empire wide" rather than city-specific. I really like the Small Wonders in Civ3 (especially because it doesn't matter if the freaking AI beats me to it by 2 turns, AGAIN).
              "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
                Well, the trick is to make those benefits "empire wide" rather than city-specific. I really like the Small Wonders in Civ3 (especially because it doesn't matter if the freaking AI beats me to it by 2 turns, AGAIN).
                Indeed. To have more that one civ build it, it has to be a building. Limiting it to one per civ is simple, however there is then the problem of making it empire-wide.

There are two ways of doing this.
                1) Make the wonders have effect entirely via SLIC. This cuts out a few flags, but still gives a good range of possible effects.
                2) Make the wonders create a building in each of the player's cities, and then automatically in each new city founded or captured.

Or, the two in combination. I have written out the basic structure, but I need to know what possible small wonders will be added so that we can decide the best way to proceed.
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

There are some great ideas here . . .

Comment

Well I thought about little research projects like giving you a unit bit like the Eden project of ctp2

Comment

What are the small wonders in Civ3? They'd be a good starting place...

Comment

From what I've gleaned from the fora...

Iron Works
                        Battlefield Medicine
                        Heroic Epic
                        Intelligence Agency
                        Pentagon
                        Forbidden Palace

No idea what they all do though

Comment

Well it looks like most of them improve your cities like the Intelligence Agency

Gives new units like iron working

Of improves your units like battle field medicine

That’s form what names I have seen could do all of them it only three types

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            From what I've gleaned from the fora...

Iron Works
                            Battlefield Medicine
                            Heroic Epic
                            Intelligence Agency
                            Pentagon
                            Forbidden Palace

No idea what they all do though
                            Heroic Epic: increases likelihood of leaders appearing
                            Iron Works: doubles shield output in city
                            Forbidden Palace: lowers corruption as if it were a second capital
                            Military Academy: can build armies in city without a leader
                            Pentagon: armies can contain an extra unit
                            Wall Street: earn 5% interest on treasury each turn (maximum of 50)
                            Intelligence Agency: allows espionage missions
                            Apollo Program: allows spaceship construction
                            Strategic Missile Defense: 75% chance of intercepting ICBM attacks
                            Battlefield Medicine: military units can heal in enemy territory

Comment

Thanks P1

Comment

Working...
                              X