No announcement yet.

The World at War! Ideas & Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In WW2 subs didn't so much "see" other subs but "heard" other subs. The diesels of 1940-1945 were very load and echoed through the water to other stationary subs. That's the principal u-boats employed in the Atlantic and the Channel.

Comment

My point was that I am not aware of any sub vs sub or sub sinking other sub battles during WWII. It is only in modern times that we have Sub hunting submarines becuase of the advances in sonar. Sonar was only introduced during the middle part of the war on ships and near the end of the war for a few german submarines.

Comment

Lend Lease Cargo

I dont expect this idea will work for the AI but it could make playing as the allies or in multiplayer games much more interesting.

I've been thinking about transport ships and how to make more use of them. What about creating a unit such as Lend Lease bomber this unit would have a movement of 1,act a land unit and be much cheaper than an actual bomber.
        This unit could be loaded into a transport and when unloaded into a city with a specific improvment the lend lease bomber gets converted into an actual bomber.

I would suggest you could do this for a few units like tanks, artillary, fighters and bombers.

It would also be nice if you could unload into other nations cities with the required improvement and they get that type of unit.

Interesting Idea ? or have I got too much time on my hands ?

Comment

Got problems with U-boats

Good film for research for you

Das boat ? //have I spelled that right

Translation

The boat

Good film German about a u-boat and what they did

You may want to rent or buy a copy of it I know they made an English translation

Any way you may want to put in using slic the German enigma codes so you can see were the German U-boat’s are

Just don’t go watch the film about the Americans capturing it it’s a very inaccurate film
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
            Das boat ? //have I spelled that right
            No, But actually I guess you didn't want to know it so exactly.

However here is the correct spelling:

Das Boot

But I guess for the pronunciation you should be as close as possible with the English spelling.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

well it looks like I am better at spelling in German then I am in English only 1 mistake this bit of text took me 5 minutes to spell check

So what did you think to the enigma idea just put in a random value on the destruction of a German U-boat

All right I know the code book was so easy to destroy drop it in what and there it goes. But the English did capture one
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
              X