Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some CTP1 units tgas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need some CTP1 units tgas

    I download Chris B ctp1 unit pictures for CTP2. I wanted the Phantom, the Star Cruiser, the Subneural Ad and the Paratrooper pictures. Wich only the Paratrooper worked out. The others three gives me game crashs when open its file in the Library or the Cheat mode. Clearly there are a problem with the files.

    I also tried MartinG's collection of CivCTP unit but i could not figure out the unit to its file (no reference) and there were only one file per unit intead of the needed three.

    So could some help me find these pictures, please?

    Thanks in advance
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

  • #2
    I already posted this here, yesterday. One time again:

    I needed a lot of time to screencapture all these big unit pictures. Therefore I just made the big ones. To get the proper size I just would shrink down them. But fortunatly I used zfsread to extract the rest of the images and you are right I forgut to put into the *.zip file the CTP1 uniticon. The picture names in this *.zip file follows the CTP1 names in the uniticon.

    Here are the small pictures and the uniticon.txt 383.279 kb should be OK for the size limit.

    -Martin
    Attached Files
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

    Comment


    • #3
      The sprites 1 part of the Medpack II has all the Ctp 1 sprites used in the mod in it. I did not use the space units, though. The pics-n-vids part has the pictures you would need.

      Comment


      • #4
        To make it easier concerning the CTP1 sprites just check the folder:

        ..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites

        There you find unit sprites like GU01.spr and GU001.spr. The ones with the tree digits are CTP2 sprites the ones with just two digits are used in CTP1. But I think you can take access on the ones with only two digits by editing for example the newsprite.txt:

        For example if you outcomment this line in newsprite.txt:

        SPRITE_FUSION_TANK 78

        Than CTP2 should use the according line in spriteDB.txt. However the number for that sprite there is the same. But as I remember it from a different thread it should take access on the GUXX.spr ones.

        -Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

        Comment


        • #5
          I am using the MM2_newsprite as model to include new units. Because i dont want to overwrite anyone of my MM2 files (although i am using an old version of it). And since i am creating version 2.0 of absolute state (this one i plan to finish all up) i dont want nobody to overwrite theirs.

          I do not have problems with the sprites they are all fine. The problem is the tgas. Since i could not find for those 3 units (they do work with pre-existent pictures like the stealth bomber for star cruiser, etc).

          I am still going to test what is in your attachment, Martin.
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

          Comment


          • #6
            will one of you please point me in the direction of a thread or site were I can download some of the ctp 1 sprites I haven't already got
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
            Visit the big mc’s website

            Comment


            • #7
              I guess you mean fan created sprites, here is a page:



              For Activision CTP1 sprites as I already said (more or less) just take a look into your ..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites.

              There you will find sprites with just two numbers like gu01.spr that are the CTP1 default ones.

              -Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

              Comment


              • #8
                The tgas you attached worked great

                Thanks Martin.
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wooooow how did i never seen this website before! With all of those cool sprites!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Pedrunn; January 8, 2002, 15:01.
                  "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                  Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                  Kill all and you are a God!"
                  -Jean Rostand

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    there just a few of the sprits there I am after the Apollo sprite as well as a few more which are not in that directory
                    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                    Visit the big mc’s website

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      This site Martin showed me used to have a lot of cool sprite but now i cant fid this page anymore.
                      Is it gone? Forever? Or did it just move out?

                      Did someone save the units (specially the Space ones) that were in it?

                      Please say yes!
                      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                      Kill all and you are a God!"
                      -Jean Rostand

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pedrunn


                        This site Martin showed me used to have a lot of cool sprite but now i cant fid this page anymore.
                        Is it gone? Forever? Or did it just move out?

                        Did someone save the units (specially the Space ones) that were in it?

                        Please say yes!
                        Fortunatly I downloaded the two unit packs. So here are the links to an free web space server:





                        -Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thank you
                          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                          Kill all and you are a God!"
                          -Jean Rostand

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah Thanks for that Martin,
                            Got myself a book on photoshop 6.0 today and will start to play around with trying to make sprites
                            I might have some in a six months!!(the book is very big!).
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

                            Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Martin or anyone, do you know any other site or do you have some more space units. It is for a scenario i'm plannig.

                              - Thanks in advance
                              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                              Kill all and you are a God!"
                              -Jean Rostand

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X