No announcement yet.

Civ 3 Unit FLCs to be converted Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the file the script which makespr cannot handle. It might not be exactly the one I used when I got that screenshot, but it's similar enough (the error might occur in a different line).

Some material in that script is obviously unnecessary (5 hotpoints when 1 should be sufficient).

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

• Forgot to attach the file and can't seem to add it now.

Marc aka Caran...

P.S.: I have to put all text files into zip archives to prevent corruption during their short stay in the Mac environment (not sure it happens without opening, but generally the Mac file and porogram ID's get added right away).
      Attached Files

Comment

• so with the hotpoints, the script file doesn't want them, and looks for the ANIM block, and without them the idle animation goes onto the wrong tile?

I was forced to comment out the hotpoints lines, but the idle anim went wrong in mine too. I'd drop it completely.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Exactly Immortal Wombat. I created a provisory sprite for the bowman. Lets consider it a beta. It has fully functioning movement, attack and victory animations. All with working shadows. I also included provisory targa files in the 3 usual sizes.

I am not happy about the results of the scaling (the targa trick doesn't work after all, the ugly edges reappear once the file is converted to tiff, all other ways I tried get the same result). The only way to improve this I expect would be to correct the edges manually, which is a lot of work. A different percentage conversion might improve this, but I doubt it.

By the way, Attack Animation uses all five facings after all. Leaving the Iddle Animation out works, but such sprites will end their move facing in the direction they just moved into (not much of an issue).

This sprite is probably not quite the right size either, maybe 125% would work too, but not much more. I will have to compare size of original sprites and this through some screenshots.

So, attached is the 1st beta version of the bowman sprite.
          (Edit: updated to vs. 0.1.1)

Marc aka Caran...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Caranorn; September 16, 2002, 09:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caranorn
            I am not happy about the results of the scaling (the targa trick doesn't work after all, the ugly edges reappear once the file is converted to tiff, all other ways I tried get the same result). The only way to improve this I expect would be to correct the edges manually, which is a lot of work. A different percentage conversion might improve this, but I doubt it.
            The targas work for me. Im using PSP, i just enlarge it to any size then save it as a uncompressed 72dpi TIF and the edges stay undiluted. Maybe its the program your using. I tried the same trick with irfan view but that merged the edges, irfan is best for viewing afterall.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I just updated the bowman_sprite. I added the 1st Iddle Animation frame for each facing to the Movement Animations (as MAx.0 and renamed all subsequent MA's appropriately). This way the unit looks better while Iddle.

I haven't looked into cleaning up the frames yet to get rid of the black lines caused by the scaling.

Upgraded version of the sprite can be found in my previous post.

Comment

• Ah, yeah i got those black lines on the SE/SW facings, but i went back and did the shadows again on SE and compiled the sprite and it disappeared for some reason.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• I will give a good look at it
                  "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                  Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                  Kill all and you are a God!"
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

• beta sprite for the swordsman

The beta version of the swordsman sprite. It has the same problems as the bowman. I still haven't found a way to get rid of the lines created when scaling up (if we only had 1 background it would be easy).

Marc aka Caran...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• beta sprite for the archer

The beta version of the archer sprite. Problems as described previously.

I also created some clean backgrounds for the 3 types of land tga files (others later maybe) (if someone wants a copy let me know).

Marc aka Caran...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• beta sprite for the mounted warrior

The beta version of the mounted warrior sprite. This sprite required no scaling and is accordingly much cleaner then the previous ones.

Marc aka Caran...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thats fast work. I havent had any spare time lately with mp games, ill try and get abit more done.

Comment

• Well, it's slower then I predicted at first I actually had to do much of the mounted warrior twice as I made a serious mistake and had already overwritten part of the previous step (I had to move all the frames 4 pixel down and the VA frames 2? right, before I determined that I had already beheaded that poor warrior a few times while formating to 96x72 pixels).

Anyhow, I can't guarantee how fast I get sprites done, but I have most steps automated now within photoshop. I could probably have done a 3rd sprite today but felt I deserved a break after 2 Add to that that I have scores of spare time (no longer in college, no job and currently on break concerning my political activities).

I will try to work on 2 more sprites tomorrow (though I technically have a meeting tommorrow evening, not sure I'll go though).

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

• That is so much faster than my efforts. I get bored too quickly

This is brilliant, Caran, keep it up
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• beta sprite for the infantry

The beta version of the infantry sprite. Problems as described previously.

If there is a use for nation specific WWI-WWII sprites I could relatively easily create a number of variations of this sprite (it's more or less appropriate for the British Army, The US Army and Marine Corps prior to 1942, most Commonwealth Nations as well as a number of minor allies of WWII). Others might be done with some more modification.

Marc aka Caran...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X