No announcement yet.

Civ 3 Unit FLCs to be converted Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, I like it more than the other one. Compared to the rest of the picture contrast is too high though. White should probably be a little grey and black maybe a very dark grey - if those are actually in the palette. Then it'd fit more with the rest - a worn out sail...
    If it is however so much work, it's not worth it, even though I like it better. Thanks for trying!

Comment

• I just had a little time to kill. Makes me wonder why they didnt make it like that in the first place... except abit better quality.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I just had a little time to kill.

Makes me wonder why they didnt make it like that in the first place...
        If that's the only thing you wonder about concerning civ3...

IMO, we have enough submarine sprites.
        I can't see much of difference to the nuclear sub in ctp2 anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapfi
          I guess it's no secret that I'm looking forward to the privateer. A pity that the skull can't be totally black. The regular pirate flag was black with a white skull but would it look ok if you color the one sail instead of the skull? Somehow, I doubt it but might be worth a shot.
          Why you don't make it totally black, just add the non black alpha channel by hand.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I have a question about Attack facing for Naval units. Because they fire from the side of the ship.

For example, should i make the NE facing, make the cannons on the ship point to the NE OR make the front the of the ship point NE. All the Naval units in CtP2 dont attack side on, it looks slightly weird to see a 'Ship of the line' firing sideways at its own ships, rather than turned side on firing at the enemy. Or am i just missing something and being generally dumb?
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Okay, no matter i got that facing thing figured out now, im gonna make the ship turn sideways to fire, as it would.

Heres a quick screenshot of the Man-O-War for its proportions, does it look too big? I still need to do the victory and attack animations
              Attached Files

Comment

• That looks Awesome!!! Great Job. The size is probably fine, but compared to the battleship it should be smaller IMHO. However, this is a game afterall, so I don't think it's worth it to resize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  So Ben when we see these units in the Great Directory. Or did I miss something.
                  Urm... I'll submit them when I get around to making Crossbowman targas.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Heres a quick screenshot of the Man-O-War for its proportions, does it look too big? I still need to do the victory and attack animations
                    Good job, but looks like you forgot to clean something blue between jib brattices.

Comment

• Maquiladora could you send me that sprite script, mine always gets stuck at the Victory Animation (whether I activate that or not). And I need to take a look at some of my sprites before I can continue. I was also thinking of turning ships broadside on for the attack animations, if they fit I fully agree (I wonder, why do they require 5 facings for attack when only 2 (2 and 4) seem to be used).

I desperately need a working script or for someone to debug mine, I simply can't continue otehrwise.

Marc aka Caran...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Can you post your script?

I just changed the SPRITE_NUM_FRAMES to 20 for the man-o-war and left all the others(attack etc) at '0', i used the one that came with makespr.exe

If they do apparently only need 2 facings (NE, SW) for attack/victory then you could just skip alot of work on facings 1, 3, 4, and 5. Youd still have to make copies from another facing but it would save alot of time. I havent tested it yet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iroquois

Good job, but looks like you forgot to clean something blue between jib brattices.
                          Do you mean the flags catching the wind at the front?
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Edited to avoid being called stupid

I tweaked the script a bit to try and get it past makespr. This worked to a certain degree as I will explain now.

Obviously, makespr has trouble finding some of the lines included in my original script. To determine what was causing the problem, I started by deleting all the comments (especially commented lines). This on it's own obviously did not solve the problem, but made counting the lines easier (I have no software able to do that automatically it seems). I determined that the error must be starting be within the iddle animation. After some testing, I found out I could delete the entire Sprite_Hot_Points entry and the script would run through makespr (guess why I mentionned the call me stupid, it actually took me 5 minutes to figure why the iddle sprite showed roughly 1 tile from where it was supposed to). Anyhow, with this modified script (cutting the Sprite_Hot_points entry for teh Victory Animation as well) makespr created my first fully animated sprite. As you can imagine, it's very little use with the iddle animation appearing in a ratehr akward position. I have found no way to get this to work correctly yet, obviously at least 1 entry for the hotpoints is required, but something else must be superflous (a single line it seems) and cause makespr not to recognise the following lines correctly.

The file attached is the script that makespr will accept but that is not actually useable (move and attack appear to be fine, so is work I expect).

Marc aka Caran... thourougly embarassed
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Caranorn; September 14, 2002, 11:00.

Comment

• As you can imagine, it's very little use with the iddle animation appearing in a ratehr akward position. I have found no way to get this to work correctly yet, obviously at least 1 entry for the hotpoints is required, but something else must be superflous (a single line it seems) and cause makespr not to recognise the following lines correctly.
                              This is a problem I had as well, and I haven't really looked into fixing it yet. I don't really think the sprite needs an idle animation, it defaults to a movement frame, and doesn't cause any problems - might as well keep the file size small, IMO.
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Can you post the script file that gave you the errors above, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X