No announcement yet.

Civ 3 Unit FLCs to be converted Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That won't be too hard, it is just replaceing one more file, finally I would like to have also the civ3.ldl included so we could mod the UI like the rest of the game.
    Could someone explain to me what this is and what it does please
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
      Could someone explain to me what this is and what it does please
      The file contains some information about the UserInterface, e.g. button locations, which art to use for the UI, the size of the windows and most improtant it contains includes of other *.ldl files. This file is the script.slc and the gamefile.txt for the UI instaed for slic and text files.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• eg. I have a modified choose advance to research screen where the list is bigger showing up more advances, Or a battleview without the retreat button, etc...

Shouldnt be a big change just add one more file in the gamefile list to replace the civ3.ldl with a *_civ3.ldl.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Yeah, Paul is still around. But it will make all the downloads bigger, or force them to include instructions for manually copying sprite files.
          why?
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedrunn
            why?
            I think the civparth.txt is like a the game file a list, instead of files it contains parths. Like the the gamefile.txt it does matter in which line you find an entry. If you now change a directory name then the game will search the sprites in a different directory. If it doesn't find there all the sprites then you know what happens and it is very unlikely that it will search for sprites in subdirectory even if it could be possible, otherwise I couldn't explain the odd effect I saw in an corupted scenario based game.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Cant you make a prefernce issue.
              Go to CRA_sprites directory if nothing was found, got to sprites directory. If still nothing was found you can crash.
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                I think the civparth.txt is like a the game file a list, instead of files it contains parths. Like the the gamefile.txt it does matter in which line you find an entry. If you now change a directory name then the game will search the sprites in a different directory. If it doesn't find there all the sprites then you know what happens and it is very unlikely that it will search for sprites in subdirectory even if it could be possible, otherwise I couldn't explain the odd effect I saw in an corupted scenario based game.
                This is true - but I suspect that the only mods which would need this feature wouldn't actually be using many of the original sprites, so it wouldn't make the file sizes much bigger. If it is a problem, perhaps Modswapper could do the copying of the sprites itself. I also noticed that changing civpaths.txt would allow for individualised tile files if any mods required radically different terrain that couldn't be supplied in the ApolTileFile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caranorn

What exact format should the shadow files be in? I have them as RGB TIFF with an white alpha channel.
                  I haven't had time to read through everything here, but Does anyone know what .tif format is compatible with CTPII?

Should the tiff be uncompressed or compressed (& what type of compression if any; I've heard LZW is not right).

What color space, (CMYK or RGB) should the .tiff file be saves out as? Above it looks like RGB.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Doh! I'm using PSP 7.0

Comment

• I use (the default?): LZW compression, RGB
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Has there been any step by step instructions for this? there are lot of good units that the civ3 community made that would be great to add like Balou's Modern Infantry.
                        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• is a sprite for the privateer/pirate ship posted somewhere?
                          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                            Has there been any step by step instructions for this?
                            Only the ones I posted on page one.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                              is a sprite for the privateer/pirate ship posted somewhere?
                              No, i think thats just the image i edited to make the skull and crossbones more clear. Unless Caranorn completed it somewhere in this thread.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                              X