Help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help wanted

I want some help I am having a hard time putting in my own new technologies and buildings they work in the main directory but not in the scenario directory I have made.

I need help renaming some new tile improvements I have made I can get the pictures changed but not the name it just shows the name of advance farm the one I have based it on.

Does any one no how to make new orders it would be a help if some one could tell me how.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Problem is there's not a lot of people left around here who can help out.

Hexagonian put together a Moders Guide that may help you. You can download it from his site http://www.geocities.com/hexagonia/

I don't think anyone has tried to make new orders. What did you have in mind?

Comment

I had an idea about using some of the other special effects so you could burn cites to the ground or capture slaves with a bubble of plasma thing.

also I have look at the guide and can find no help from it but I thank you for your reply
      Last edited by The Big Mc; October 19, 2001, 09:31.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
        I want some help I am having a hard time putting in my own new technologies and buildings they work in the main directory but not in the scenario directory I have made.
        It is allways a pain to use the scenario file structure, so if you are making a mod you should rather use ModSwapper than the scenario file structure. I don't explain ModSwapper now so if you need help to get your mod working as a ModSwapper mod please ask.

Here is an example from the CRA_tileimp.txt:

Code:
        ## 43 ##########################################################

TILEIMP_UNDERSEA_FORTIFICATIONS {
           Icon ICON_TILEIMP_UNDERSEA_FORTIFICATIONS
           Tooltip TOOLTIP_TILEIMP_SELECT_FORT_BUTTON
           Statusbar STATUSBAR_TILEIMP_SELECT_FORT_BUTTON
           Level 2
           IntBorderRadius 2
           SquaredBorderRadius 5
           Class:OceanDetector

ConstructionTiles 50
           ConstructionTiles 911
           ConstructionTiles 914

CantBuildOn TERRAIN_BROWN_HILL
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_BROWN_MOUNTAIN
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_DESERT
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_FOREST
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_GLACIER
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_GRASSLAND
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_HILL
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_JUNGLE
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_PLAINS
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_SWAMP
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_TUNDRA
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WHITE_HILL
           CantBuildOn TERRAIN_WHITE_MOUNTAIN

Excludes:Farm
           Excludes:LandDetector
           Excludes:Mine
           Excludes:OceanFarm
           Excludes:OceanDetector
           Excludes:Structure1
           Excludes:Structure2
           Excludes:OceanMine

TerrainEffect {
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_BEACH
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_DEEP
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_RIFT
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_SHALLOW
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_SHELF
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_TRENCH
              Terrain TERRAIN_WATER_VOLCANO

VisionRange 2
              DefenseBonus 0.5
              EnableAdvance ADVANCE_NANO_ASSEMBLY
              ProductionCost 3600
              ProductionTime 6
              TilesetIndex 913
           }
        }

## 44 ##########################################################
        The first line contains the name of your tileimprove. This tileimprove is based on the land fort. In the second line you find Icon it refferes to the uniticon.txt for a default game in Cradle this file is called CRA_uniticon.txt. Tooltip and StatusBar refferes to the tips_str.txt (in Cradle CRA_tips_str.txt). The first line (TILEIMP_UNDERSEA_FORTIFICATIONS) reffers to entries that can be found in a file called gl_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ directory (for Cradle CRA_gl_str.txt) if you have a non english version of the game than there is also a file called str_loc.txt for the correct grammer. The gl_str.txt contains all the names for advances, buildings, tileimprovements.... Is there a tile improvement in the tileimp.txt that has no entry in the gl_str.txt. Then the name in the tileimp.txt is used in the above example it would be TILEIMP_UNDERSEA_FORTIFICATIONS that you will see in the Great Library.

If you need I could be more detailed please ask.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

thank you I will look into it.

I have a question in modswaper is it automatic or is it manual I don't know I will have a look at mod swaper but I am having a few problems with my computer at the moment.
          Last edited by The Big Mc; October 25, 2001, 05:32.

Comment

I look at the mod swaper and it looks to me like i will have a problem with being forced to down load it.

i had a look at a file the othere day called pathes or somting like that. i wonder if i could alter this so that i would be able to make a simple vb file to transfer the altered file into place as well as install my scenario.

what i want to know is what this file does could it be of some help.

Comment

Working...
            X