Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't load Savegames with >8 Players

Dear Forum,

I tried to start a game with more opponents than can be chosen from the GUI. So I editet the "userprofile.txt" an set the value of "NumPlayers" to ie. 16 or 32 it works well and fast enough as long as I play this game without ending CTP 2.

When I reload the game, I get either a slic error (Value out of range) or the game crashes loading the game.

Has anyone an idea to solve this problem?
    Keep on running!
    Harry B. Goode

I tried the same thing, but I never was able to save and reload games with more than 28 players. By the way did you noticed that the last players are called Barbarians, if you see the names beyond player 28?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      I tried the same thing, but I never was able to save and reload games with more than 28 players. By the way did you noticed that the last players are called Barbarians, if you see the names beyond player 28?

-Martin
      There is only 28 civ names in normal game, so I think that's the problem.
      You should start games with only numplayers=29 or lower.
      (28 civ + barbs)

Comment

Ah, that might be the point, player 1. Thanks for the hint. Maybe it will no longer crash, if I add a few Civs. But this does not explain, why it works, when I start the game...

Do you have another idea or a fix for the second problem? If I reload games with more than 9 civ's (8 + Babarians) a slic error comes up, telling me a variable is out of range.

@Martin

The last player is called Barbarian in every game. The reason why more than one player is called Barbarian, seems to be the fact, you have only 28 names for civ's, as player 1 explained.

Does the slic error happen at your games, too?
        Keep on running!
        Harry B. Goode

Comment

Working...
        X