Need a wery wery big middle earth map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a wery wery big middle earth map

I need a wery wery big tolkien's middle earth map for a scenario that i am making
    thanke you
    Egill Skallagrímsson killed his first men 7 years old after losing a hokky game
    he made his first poem 2 years old....he was a icelandic

I'm sure you can find online copies of Middleworld's map. As for a CTP map...you will have to make it.
    My brand new sig, written by Mr MarkG. (he didn't like the one about Ming being a goofy toofy.

"ok, fine.
    from now on, i can refer to this thread whenever someone mentions acol as a place of freedom where you can post whatever you want and where noone is banned...."
    --MarkG

and by MikeH
    she's only illegal because of your ridiculous age of consent ages.

Comment

I think OmniGod may have made one for Aragon when he was starting a LOTR scenario, but I don't know whether it was finished.

You could try emailing Omni, or Aragon, or making your own using Bmp2Ctp2.
      (Omni, if you do have one, could you email it to me also please? )
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I started to create the map you are referring to, but never finished colouring the bmp before converting it... I don't at the moment have any plans to work on it again... If you'd like I can send the partially finished bmp if I can find it... but it may just be easier to take what you find on the web and colour it.

Rich
        Edit: nope just checked it went out the window when I formated... I lost most of my datasets for the world map at the same time... but it's not that hard to do... if you have any problems email me and I'll help you out.

Comment

Never mind then Omni, another project for me to start perhaps during my copious summer
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I've drawn out a good-old 210 by 210 bitmap of Middle Earth, but I can't for the life of me make it get into CTP2. If anyone would be willing to convert it and save it as a map (not a .txt file) for me (and kari) I would be very grateful. Thanks very much
            Attached Files

Comment

Your colours are all mixed up for what the convertor uses... I will edit the colours and post the txt and the map file for you hopefully tomorrow.

Looks good though

Comment

Thanks Omni.
                Thats odd about the colours, I used the sample bitmap included as my pallete, so all the colours came from there. Was there a pallete change with a later update ?

Comment

The palatte was updated, and I thought that Harlan was going to release a new palatte with an updated method to convert maps to ctp2.... hmmm... welll I have it here somewhere and I'll post it when I post your map.

til tomorrow.

Comment

thank you

bæjó
                    kári

Comment

Life has extended tomorrow to a week, but the good news is the map is complete.. I don't have the palette all set out for everyone but here is the map you wanted.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much Omni

Comment

I have edited the map to adjust for the rivers I painted as shallow water in the original bitmap, replaced the line of volcanoes with a rift, and touched up some other details. This version should be more true to Tolkein's Middle Earth, and better for gameplay.
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanke both of you

thanke both of you

bæjó
                            kári

Comment

Working...
                            X