No announcement yet.

Modern Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya, one more thing, I realllly would like to know if all the Civs are playable? I really want to play as India.

Comment

And yet another request, make sure that all the nations with nukes get them in your scenario. It would be really fun to have a nuclear standoff with places like North Korea, Russia, and China. Off course give the most missles to Russia, second most to US, Give India very few etc. Maybe even starting your scenario with ICBMs in the beginning would be realistic since we have had icbms for several years. Giving US and Russia icbms, china and India regular nukes sounds realistic. Also France and Britian would need nukes. How bout adding chemical missiles and biological missiles? Russia will need to start out with lots of Bio missiles and Middle East needs the chemical weapons. Just more suggestions

Comment

Just in response to the ability to play any civ. Because of the limitations of the scenario section, as proof of Activisions WWII scenario. To redo a start for each civ mean making a scenario for each civ. That was the stopping point behind the previous modern scenario. If there is a solution to this, please by all means tell me... I'd love to know and start creating some scenarios. Ideas I have plenty but limitations make me not want to do it...

rich

BTW: who are you making player1 in the present state?
        [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited January 15, 2001).]

Comment

Every nation included in my scenario will be playable. Omnigod, I have no idea how I did it. I was up late late late last night just trying anything I could to be able to have more than 8 civs using your map. Eventually I think I cut out your entire map, saved it as a clip, then started a random game with 17 nations, pasted your clip in and that worked. There was more to it than that though...

As for israel, just giving them masses of troops won't help. With only 1 city they will fall behind too quickly in technology. Not to mention the upkeep would be more than 1 city could aford. Right now the US sends aid money to them, and shares quite a bit of military as well as civilian technology with them. Adding them to the US or EU would seem reasonable, the only other option would be giving all of israel to the palestinians...

Nukes, I can rest assure you that there will be plenty of nukes to go around. I may even throw in a terrorist or 2 for the "bad boy" muslim nation.

Comment

To have the ability to place more than eight civs is actually an easy process... you export the map, exit ctp2 and change the number of civs to what you want, reenter the editor and import the map you just exported (or go to my site and ddl the txt version of the maps). You can then place whatever number of civs you choose based on what your userprofile.txt settings are. If you don't mind. Could I get a pre-advanced copy to test the things that are bothering me, and I'll provide you with feedback on them. And if the problems that have plagued everyone else have been solved by you... I want and need to know how and why so that other scenario creators can bypass the problems that erupted last December.

Thanks
            Rich
            rsaari@alumni.uwaterloo.ca

Comment

kormer, look like you just ignore Thai Hope you might
              change your mind and add Thai in the game. :;

Comment

Give me the name of a major city there and I'll add it next to calcutta. Would it make more sense to give it to India, or the southeast asia civ?

Comment

Okay.. I just openned it as the Canadians. We need to talk... city placements and spelling are, how you say, just a tad off... and there is a lack of land included as Canadian. The whole northern islands excluding Greenland, aswell as the eastern most island of Newfoundland... is Canadian. The other thing I noticed, there must be a better way to expand borders without the ugly mess of fortresses being in odd locations where no such thing exists... I'm going to change a few of the Canadian cities, take a look around and email you the changes for your evaluation.

Rich - seems to start okay. I need to know how now

Comment

I just got done placing the rest of the african cities, and I added barbarian cities around the globe to make things interesting. I put one in columbia, 2 in central africa, belgrade, sri lanka, and one in east timor.

I'm going to go back and take a second look at canada now. Got any good maps online of canada that list cities sizes?

Comment

Nice site for urban area populations of the world.
                      http://www.citypopulation.de/Country...+Kanada$Canada

Rich

Comment

Thanks for the site, its much better than the one I was using. There are some other countries I may have to go back an do-over with the better info I have now. I rearanged all the canadian cities to be more acurate. As a down side there is less room for them to grow now.

I'm going to add wonders now. Should ancient era wonders be in the game? I probably will put them in there. Also, I'm going to give kuala lumpor the empire state building. They now have the tallest building in the world, and it being their first wonder will signify their becoming a world power. Maybe if I can get graphics I'll rename the wonder later.

Comment

Omni,
                          Are you telling me you can play this map as ANY of the Civs and it works with more than 8 Civs?

Kormer,
                          Please email me a copy, email icon above this post, so I can see what is different about this map.
                          Don,
                          CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

I hope you do a lot better than Activision did for the placement of Australia's first settler. For god's sake, they put the thing where Darwin is!!!!!!!!

------------------
                            Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Dale, skorpion. If you check omnigods website under scenarios you can check out a pre-alpha version of the scenario. That one only has the cities placed and nothing else. Since then I've changed placement of a bunch of cities, added techs, governments, and now I'm doing city improvements.

Comment

Skorpion, I've tried a few of the civs and not a problem being any of them. There are no units in the alpha map yet, which might play a part in the default to player1.... I don't know yet. There's nothing different about this map to my released map... I'm baffled. But what if the clipping of the map had something to do with it... but that should be no different than importing a map... I don't know. Kormer can you give a detailed description how you made the map from the original map..

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X