Re: Scenario Creation (How to's?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scenario Creation (How to's?)

Question: When you create a scenario in CTP2 do you only include the files and directories of the things you modified? IE: I only put the modified slcs in the default/gamedata/ dir and the game will draw on all the other ctp slcs in the Ctp2/default/gamedata that aren't modified, right?

Hassan

Yes, you only have to include the modified files.

Comment

Thank you, Paul. I'm already on my way to creating my first scenario. Don't know how good it'll be, because I'm not too experienced w/ the CTP Series, but I'm sure I'll manage...

Comment

I have created a map that is 250 x 500. The game plays fine, however, when I save the game and then try to load the saved game, I can't. The game crashes and I am returned to the desktop doomed to start over again. Anybody know why?

Very Frustrated

Comment

I have no clue Sorry.

Comment

I'd like to know how many civs do you put on the map, jmb1539?
            I had the same problem as I put 32 civs on the map. As I reduced the number of civs to 27 or 28 it worked.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

A bunch of questions:

1) How do you create events in a scenario?

2) I have a map of the world that I want to use in a scenario, but I want 28 civs instead of 8. How?

3) I was creating some cities on my world map. Occasionally I would delete a city and put a new one somewhere nearby. However, the city boundaries didn't come out right. Sometimes the city would only have one square, so it couldn't get any rescources or anything. There was plenty of unoccupied space nearby, but the city borders seemed to avoid certain squares. Why?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Don Homer on 03-24-2001 08:47 PM
                A bunch of questions:

1) How do you create events in a scenario?

That is by slic... see locutus, dale or a few other slic creators.
                quote:

2) I have a map of the world that I want to use in a scenario, but I want 28 civs instead of 8. How?

This can be accomplished by exporting the map by opening the chatbox (using the ' key) and typing /exportmap world.txt. You then quit the game, and edit the userprofile.txt to state 29 players. Restart CTP2 and enter the editor. Bring up the chatbox again and type /importmap world.txt. You can then place nations or cities however you'd like.
                quote:

3) I was creating some cities on my world map. Occasionally I would delete a city and put a new one somewhere nearby. However, the city boundaries didn't come out right. Sometimes the city would only have one square, so it couldn't get any rescources or anything. There was plenty of unoccupied space nearby, but the city borders seemed to avoid certain squares. Why?

Once you place a city the land there is claimed by the city, to place another city in the proximity of the city will cause the other city to not use the tiles in the sphere of the first city. Even if you delete the city the sphere stays... not sure why but it does. This means that you shouldn't place cities unless you're 100% happy with location. Place a roadtile first if you're not sure. If you restart the map then it's okay but that just becomes a pain in the arse.

Comment

Can you actually have 28 players playing at the same time? Also another question: Why don't player locations save with the map? Is there a way that I can get them to actually save with my maps?

-Hassan

Comment

You can have 28 players playing at the same time, but it will slow down the game dramatically. OK I have a K6 233 processor. Today a slow one. And additonal I created a map 16 times biger than the normal gigantic map. It is a combination of 15 random generated map. My comp needed eight hour to created it by copy and paste.
                    28 players on random generated maps no problem. On your maps you have to put settlers of each nation on it, because the number of Opponents screen does not allow to select more than eight players.
                    For your second question: In the cheateditor there is button like nation. On the nation tab you add advance to your nation or other nations. Public Works and gold can also be added. On this tab there are also four buttons to set start positions. The first mode is full game. This opption is the stadart opption and doesn't allow any kinds of start position or player location setting. The second button allows to set player locations. The third one will set player and civ locations and the last one set the locations of civs.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hi

When creating a scn and your placing citys bear in mind that if you
                      place it incorrectly its best to enter that city and add pop to level
                      3,then remove the pop 1 by 1 until it disbands,this solves the national
                      boundry lines problem if you just disband, also if you have the citys
                      named correctly as you place them, youl not have to rename them creating
                      a temp file that has to accessed and so slowing the game down.
                      Hannibal

Comment

Can you tell me exactly, how I get more than 8 players onto the map. This sounds cool and even one extra civ would help some of my scenario ideas. I have a 1ghz AMD K7, I'm also interested in how slow it will make my computer run-(I admit it runs slow in the late stages of CTP between turns).

-Hassan

Comment

Thanks for the info, one more question:
                          What about making the instructions at the beginning of the scenario, like in that stupid Japanese RPG scenario, those seperate windows that tell you what to do.

Comment

Where can I get DETAILED, EXPLICIT directions-for-dummies on the how-to-create-a scenario?

I went to launch editor and made a map..then tried saving it as a scenario..used a cut-n-paste for directory..but it isnt available?

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
                            Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I started making a scenario on that huge 400 x 400 world map and cramming in as many cities as I could. I finished Canada, USA, Caribbean and Pacific, saving frequently. Next day, I couldn't load most of the saves, but I could load some of the earlier ones. Is there a minimum amount of cities that one can put on a map? If so, CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X