No announcement yet.

Sprite Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be a pain, but was there not an unused combat engineer sprite in ctp? Its not in the list and I have found a use for it. If it were included I would be very grateful. Thank You

Ben
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

What sprite # was that and what is it? You are just a bit vague....

Comment

Sorry if I was a little obscure, I think the combat enginner was ctp sprite number 37, but it was never used in the game.
        It looks like a woman with a metal detector, (and God knows what Activision added it for, it isn't anything like any military unit past or present) but I am using it in a mod and having a space alocated for it would be very useful.

Thanks
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Check out the modification page, and the Ctp1 sprites link. That should tell you.

Comment

A combat engineer... okay lets see if you can provide the tga's for this sprite since I doubt most people even know it exists it'll find a place in the numbers as 113.

Comment

Thanks Omni.

Um, how do I get the TGAs from the *.zfs files ?

Comment

All you need to do is take screen shots of the image and crop it to the size of the tga's. I'm not 100% sure what the size is but I know it's in the forum somewhere.... getting a number isn't as easy as it sounds is it

Comment

I used hypersnap to make the tgas. Play the unit's video with Media Player (you will need Ctp1 installed to do this) and capture the image you want.
                  All pics use a 4-to-3 ratio: 160x120, 32x24, and 24x18.

Comment

What about the Catapults from CTP1???

Blue Catapult - Apolyton Pack
                    Brown Catapult - fan created

Currently I'm using 'ol Blue at #180 and the brown one at #181
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by hexagonian on 02-08-2001 01:51 PM
                      What about the Catapults from CTP1???

Blue Catapult - Apolyton Pack
                      Brown Catapult - fan created

Currently I'm using 'ol Blue at #180 and the brown one at #181

I would recommend 98 and 197, respectively.

Comment

Sprite_BlueCatapult 98
                        Sprite_BrownCatapult 197

Please submit the sprite and tga to me so others know which sprites you are speaking about exactly and I'll put it into the db. Thanks

EDIT: please note that I've posted the most up-to-date spr # listing near the top of page 1 of this thread. BlueO I would like it if you would claim your numbers and renumber your sprites. Thanks
                        [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited February 08, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks Wes and Omni, I always wondered how it was done...

Ben

Comment

Catapults sent...

Is there still a conflict with units that are numbered below 100????
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Reserve the following numbers...

CTP1 Settler - 134
                              CTP1 Knight - 135
                              CTP1 Longship - 136

Comment

CTP settler - 196
                                CTP Knight - 114
                                CTP Longship - 195

There will be no stealing of BlueO's numbers until he has made his claim and then decided not to make anymore units. Sorry Hex, but at least you got numbers right?

Comment

Working...
                                X