Map Editor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Editor Question

I have downloaded a few maps from the CTP2 files section, and they look beautiful when you open them in the editor. But it would be even cooler if I could be playing on them.

I don't know how to create start locations in the editor. I also don't know how to get a new game started with such a map. Could somebody help me out please? Thank you.

------------------
    Chickens are not gay!
    Chickens are not gay!

Start locations are based on which type you'd like to use. There are 4 choices across the top of the "empire" menu. The choices are by nation, by player or nation and full game. I'd suggest either by nation or full game. Nation will place a start flag at a location, while full game is generally better if you are going to give cities and troops to a civ.

As for starting a game all you need to do is go into the editor, load the map, place start locations, save as a scenario (see another post for the very taxing process) and then backout and start the scenario game. It's a lot of work but well worth it... hopefully this helps.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help.

Chickens are not gay!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 02-18-2001 10:10 AM

save as a scenario (see another post for the very taxing process) and then backout and start the scenario game. It's a lot of work but well worth it... hopefully this helps.

Can you direct me to help with saving as a scenario?

Thanks.

------------------
        Marc

"Ei Aaniigoo 'Ahoot'e"
        -- Navajo for "The Truth is Out There"
        Marc

"Ei Aaniigoo 'Ahoot'e"
        -- Navajo for "The Truth is Out There"

Comment

Marc,

The thread you're after is http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000194.html. If you still have problems (I did) either e-mail me or come back to this thread and I'll try to write out explicitly detailed instructions.

Peter

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Triggs on 02-28-2001 04:36 PM
            Marc,

The thread you're after is http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000194.html. If you still have problems (I did) either e-mail me or come back to this thread and I'll try to write out explicitly detailed instructions.

Peter

My friend..this link, according to my few feeble attempts, is closed..or at the very least....unavailable..

Any/all help would be appreciated!

Troll

------------------
            If they call an orange an orange, why don't they call a banana a yellow?-Christopher Lloyd-Taxi

The Forum Fur Flyer
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000194.html

The problem with the link was the period after html.... this link works.
              [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited February 28, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 02-28-2001 06:58 PM
                http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000194.html

The problem with the link was the period after html.... this link works.
                [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited February 28, 2001).]

Thanks so much my friend..I aint no where near your ability yet.......but I am indeed further along then I have been..and well..being 41..I get real excited..(Need to take me a couple calm down pills!!)..lol..but these forums really do help us folks!!

I havent tried to complete the steps listed in the forum link..but well..it sure helps for now!!

Thanks so much again..as your input is greatly appreciated!!

Troll

------------------
                If they call an orange an orange, why don't they call a banana a yellow?-Christopher Lloyd-Taxi

The Forum Fur Flyer
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                X