Editing the cities trying to fix the ocean problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing the cities trying to fix the ocean problem

Okay, I had a few free moments before I got back to the bmp project. I tooled around and added another city type. I wanted to fix the problem with sea colonies. So I added city type 4. Okay, not a big deal. Then went to test it and the problem is that the computer doesn't distinguish between land or water for ciites... a small problem if you ask me. Anyone know of a way to make it distinguisht that, I know how they did it in the past but what was in CTP isn't in CTP2... it's just a bit frustrating. No?

Rich

My guess is that in the agecitystyle.txt file, the program simply ignores the type-field. First off, the computer does distinguish sea and land cities as the flags 'CantBuildInSea' and 'CantBuildOnLand' in the buildings.txt file work fine. Further, if you replace '0' with '1' on the type bit in the 1st age - the game still displays land cities with the regular sprites. It looks as though the computer just grabs the sprite information from the first line that matches the cities information (size, age, etc.) without respect to the type-field. You can have all cities look like sea colonies or look like land colonies - the computer will just nor use that type-field. After a few hours work, I'm convinced that the problem is in the actual coding and cannot be fixed in the text files.

Comment

That was my conclusion too... dam activision... they step out and leave something so obvious left undone and unfixable.... like that doesn't just scream incompetence. I thought they did not a half bad job but when something so bloody obvious is still unfixed... dam now I'm pissed off again. Time to take a vacation I think...

Rich

Comment

If only there were a SLIC function for changing the style of a city! Then sea colonies could be set to a fourth style (i.e. sea colonies) that is the same for all ages. But I can't find any function that would do the trick. If anyone sees a way to do a SLIC work around, let me no.

Comment

No, SLIC can't do this.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X