food consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food consumption

how do you set the amount of food eaten by each citizen? i don't understand how these lines work:

UNIT_RATIONS 3.0 # what does 1 notch mean
    BASE_RATIONS 12.0 # food per person time POP_HUNGER when slider is zero

and i don't know what this line is for either,and how they all relate.

CITY_GROWTH_COEFFICIENT 200 # Amount of food per citizen required to grow a city

i've been playing with the values, but i can't seem to figure hout how they work.

------------------
    just can't fix this brokn machine
    just can't fix this brokn machine

BASE_RATIONS says how much food each citizen eats when the food slider is in the centre position. UNIT_RATIONS says how much more or less each citizen eats when you put the slider one notch to the left or right.

CITY_GROWTH_COEFFICIENT says how much excess food needs to be stored before your city increases in size. This should be multiplied by the city size, so a size 3 city would need 600 excess food stored to grow.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Paul on 12-25-2000 04:30 AM
      BASE_RATIONS says how much food each citizen eats when the food slider is in the centre position. UNIT_RATIONS says how much more or less each citizen eats when you put the slider one notch to the left or right.

Ok, if this is true, moving the slider left one notch would give -9 food per person. This means people generate food!!! That can't be right.

Comment

Cyrius, I think you made a mistake there. If BASE_RATIONS is 12 then people will eat 12 food when the slider is in center position. If you move the slider one notch to the left people will eat 12-3=9 food.

Comment

Working...
        X