Modification Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification Problems

After modifying obsolete advances, required advances, stats and movement ranges of some units, I encountered a complete failure with starting Call to Power II. Of course, I have original copies of files before modifying them. Does anyone know what the following error messages mean?

"units.txt:1155: Unknown token"

"units:txt:1155: Warning: required fieldActiveDefenseRange missing"

"units:txt:1155: Warning: required field MaxFuel missing"

"Unable to Init the Databases"

For each error message, it appears on a small prompt box where I click OK to receive the next error message and then after the last one, the game fails to start.

At first, I thought I knew what the problem was. I tried to go under the Units file in the gamedata folder and find the missing fields for ActiveDefense Range and MaxFuel - but to no avail. How can I locate the units that are missing these if I don't even know which unit is missing those fields?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I think the 1155 in the error message is the line number in units.txt where the error is, so I suggest you look at or around line 1155 of units.txt and see if you can find the problem there.

Comment

Hi, I got these errors too. Then I found out that I had written MASS-MEDIA instead of MASS_MEDIA with _

Now it works

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Starfighter08 on 11-25-2000 04:39 AM
        Hi, I got these errors too. Then I found out that I had written MASS-MEDIA instead of MASS_MEDIA with _

Now it works

YEEESSSSS!!!

Thank you so much for that insight! I checked how I typed Ultra-Pressure Machinery in the Unit file and guess what? I typed it based on the hard-copy poster of the advance and it was typed Ultra-Pressure Machinery. Guys - type it ULTRAPRESSURE_MACHINERY when you modify - not ULTRA-PRESSURE_MACHINERY!

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
        X