Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporations Code: What do you think?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Corporations Code: What do you think?

    With all the fun tha came with the source codes the modding and speacially slicing is kind of forgotten.
    What do you guys think about doing a similar code as it was for religion to Corporations:

    "Let's franchise all cities"

    FEATURES:
    -Youíre starting a corporation named as your civ when you research Corporation (easily noticeable when you found your cities because a blue toothed wheel will appear next to the name on the next turn). You will be able to build Corporatives branchs with this advance wich can franchise cities (expand your corporation to others city civs) and advertise (make cities unhappy).

    - You may change your base corporation to another civs one if you want by "reforming" (TBD). Since the more cities a certain corporation has the more bonus you gain like every turn gold and PW from others civ.
    NOTE: TBD = As i think Reform will give 2 option reform religion or franchise Corporation. More ideas for this welcomed

    -"Reformation" (TBD) by combat units: On ordering a reformation youíll be giving the following options: Donít do it after all, franchise to your Corporation or re-franchise to your civís original Corporation. Which will cost

    -Assimilation: By killing another player every city on the planet that was franchised to this civís original Corporation will be franchised to your current Corporation.

    -Diplomacy: Playerís with the same Corporation will like you more, while the otherís will like you less.
    9
    Good Idea, Do it!
    77.78%
    7
    Bad Idea, Only a good idea for Religion
    0.00%
    0
    Bad Idea, I hated the Religion Code
    0.00%
    0
    Banana
    22.22%
    2
    Last edited by Pedrunn; December 29, 2003, 14:05.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

  • #2
    For more information see Religion Mod by me and mapfi.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Corporations Code: What do you think?

      Originally posted by Pedrunn
      With all the fun tha came with the source codes the modding and speacially slicing is kind of forgotten.
      What do you guys think about doing a similar code as it was for religion to Corporations:

      "Let's franchise all cities"

      FEATURES:

      [SIZE=1]
      -Youíre starting a corporation named as your civ when you research Corporation (easily noticeable when you found your cities because a blue toothed wheel will appear next to the name on the next turn). You will be able to build Corporatives branchs with this advance wich can franchise cities (expand your corporation to others city civs) and advertise (make cities unhappy).
      I think this is a great, the only request would be o have an additional tab or window that shows explicitly how much gold and PW you are bringing in from what city.

      [SIZE=1]
      - You may change your base corporation to another civs one if you want by "reforming" (TBD). Since the more cities a certain corporation has the more bonus you gain like every turn gold and PW from others civ.
      NOTE: TBD = As i think Reform will give 2 option reform religion or franchise Corporation. More ideas for this welcomed
      this is a decent idea, but i think it should be called REORGANIZATION or RETOOLING. also if a city has two of the same same type of corporations (but different players) than the bonus should be divided because of a competing market. And I think the type of corporation should be based on a resource where the city is made, I mentio more on that below.


      [SIZE=1]
      -"Reformation" (TBD) by combat units: On ordering a reformation youíll be giving the following options: Donít do it after all, franchise to your Corporation or re-franchise to your civís original Corporation. Which will cost
      I think it would be better if this was called CORPORATE BUY-OUT. I like the idea that this implements an ECONOMIC COMBAT option. But your corporation should have to buy out the other franchise in a city, and maybe the cost has to come from your corporate account, maybe a corporate treasury? maybe not. But I think it should be buy out and then you can run that franchise, close it, or merge with it. (I think it should automatically merge if they are of the same type)



      [SIZE=1]

      -Assimilation: By killing another player every city on the planet that was franchised to this civís original Corporation will be franchised to your current Corporation.
      I think the defeated players franchises should go to the BARBARIANS. And just count as a drain on your/their economy. And then you have to buy them out, but at a lower rate.


      [SIZE=1]
      -Diplomacy: Playerís with the same Corporation will like you more, while the otherís will like you less.
      I think it should be the opposite, similar corporations would be MORE competitive therefore more hostile, whereas different corporations offer different benefits for your people.


      I think there is alot of potential for this too! Like if this is linked
      to Locutus's strategic resources than you can spawn certain corporations with certain products. And you cant have a corporation without a product. So each resource would have a company like: the IRISH GATOR company or GERMAN GLASS company or the AMERICAN OIL company. By using the civ name and the resource name. But You would have to pay a gold and PW cost to incorporate and make these corporations, kind of making a Corporate franchise unit require a resource.

      I think it would also be great if Barbarians would make these franchises as a late-game barbarian that acts as a multinational and drains on a players productivity.

      Finally, I think this opens the door to an economic victory when your corporation establishes a global monopoly by buying out all franchises in all cities and dominates all resource trade.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

      See me at Civfanatics.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Now that i really think about it im sorry i voted banana it seems like a good idea.
        Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Re: Corporations Code: What do you think?

          I think you misunderstood some of the concepts
          IN SUMMARY
          Every Civilization has its respective Corporation with the same name and nationality (USA will have American corporation, Brazil will have Brazilian corporation).
          A franchise is the to have a whole city over the Corporation control. Corporations take the money and PW away from the city they control (franchise) and gives to the civilization of the corporation.
          So the economic combate is to see who can make a franchise in more cities and by doing that grab money and PW from the cities with franchises of this civ.

          Originally posted by E
          I think it should be the opposite, similar corporations would be MORE competitive therefore more hostile, whereas different corporations offer different benefits for your people.
          I am open for new suggestions but as I pictured the corporations will only differ on their nationality.

          Originally posted by E
          I think this is a great, the only request would be o have an additional tab or window that shows explicitly how much gold and PW you are bringing in from what city.
          The idea is to have messages showing up in the message tabe with this information every five turns. Unfortunetly we cant control the UI through Slic.

          Originally posted by E
          if a city has two of the same same type of corporations (but different players) than the bonus should be divided because of a competing market.
          And I think the type of corporation should be based on a resource where the city is made, I mentio more on that below.
          One city can only have one corporation otherwise will be difficult for the player to control his cities corporations. I must remind we cant control the UI and the best way to make someone know what corporation is in the city is through the toothed wheel color over the city. Only one toothed wheel can be over the city.

          Originally posted by E
          this is a decent idea, but i think it should be called REORGANIZATION or RETOOLING. also
          (...) I think it would be better if this was called CORPORATE BUY-OUT.
          This is the same event (Change a city corporation franchise). Therefore we can choose only one of these names. I liked Corporate Buy-Out.
          Still we need to ecide how to make this event happen. A new order? Use The Reform Order?

          Originally posted by E
          I like the idea that this implements an ECONOMIC COMBAT option. But your corporation should have to buy out the other franchise in a city, and maybe the cost has to come from your corporate account, maybe a corporate treasury? maybe not.
          I was thinking that open a franchise should cost gold directly from the player (who is making franchise) treasury.

          Originally posted by E
          I think the defeated players franchises should go to the BARBARIANS. And just count as a drain on your/their economy. And then you have to buy them out, but at a lower rate.
          (...)
          I think it would also be great if Barbarians would make these franchises as a late-game barbarian that acts as a multinational and drains on a players productivity.
          This will save me from doing a whole code. Since the defeated players automaticly turns into barbarians when dead.
          I did not liked the idea at first but i am starting to really like it.

          Originally posted by E
          Finally, I think this opens the door to an economic victory when your corporation establishes a global monopoly by buying out all franchises in all cities and dominates all resource trade.
          Why not? This thought has passed through my mind

          Originally posted by E
          I think there is alot of potential for this too! Like if this is linked
          to Locutus's strategic resources than you can spawn certain corporations with certain products. And you cant have a corporation without a product. So each resource would have a company like: the IRISH GATOR company or GERMAN GLASS company or the AMERICAN OIL company. By using the civ name and the resource name. But You would have to pay a gold and PW cost to incorporate and make these corporations, kind of making a Corporate franchise unit require a resource.
          We would need big changes in the trade system and a very detailed for this to actually picture that as a feature.

          TBD - Could for example Brazil change their basic Corporation type from their original Brazilian Corporation, and using, acting and spreading the American corporation instead of their own? by doing this it could get some advantages.
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

          Comment


          • #6
            Pedrunn,

            I like your idea but I was just offering suggestions to make it different from the religion model. Of course how different depends on how much work you want to put into this.

            Hopefully if Locutus puts together a strategic resources system like he talked about in the source code forum I think that is where this system will work best. So I guess keeping tabs on how a new trade system will be I think there will be new possibilities to make this more interesting.

            But some functions you might look at is the piracy part, maybe not slic but code perhaps a corporate franchise and pirate a trade route right in the city instead of on the trade route and take the money from that, I'm not sure.


            The religion model is really good for religion (although I wish it had independent religion naames) but I think a corporation/economic warfare model will need to have some more competitive features to differentiate it and make it appealing. But I like what you have so far!
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

            See me at Civfanatics.com

            Comment

            Working...
            X