What's mod for me ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's mod for me ???

I search a Mod that greatly enhance the diplomacy, military and the economic and the rest .

I try to download Apolyton Pack but "file not found" ....

"CalltoConquest" do this work ???

Because i have not played CTP 2 since 2000-2001 ...

I had the French version and the french community has never existed or so few ...

If i take CTP 2 US (same as UK ?) and install this mod, my experience will are greatly enhanced ???

"CalltoConquest" is the only mod created in 2003 ...
    This mod is it same as Apolyton Pack ???

If not, anybody can re-upload it ?

Thank you of my heart !
    I loved CTP, dommage that diplomacy was not efficient ...

L'Arabe Dément
    l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Hi Abdul Alhazred and welcome,

I have only played the Apolyton Pack thus far but I have heard that Call to Conquest is greatly improving the military power of the AI Civs though the Cradle mod is thought to be the hardest (I might be wrong).

I have tested the link to the SAP2 and I have not encountered any problem, you should try again from the directory.

If you want the Apolyton Pack to work with your French version of CtP2, you just have to copy the APOL files you will find in the english folder (here: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data) into the french folder.

If you want, I can also send you the files I have translated (everything but half of the Great Library) which will avoid you to have a mix of French and English texts in the various windows...

I know I am bad as I have not finished the translation...
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

The Apolyton Pack downloads fine for me. Did you download it from the Directory (http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?id...ts=4447&cat=28) or from some other place?

In case downloading from the Directory fails, here's a direct link to the file, hopefully that will work instead: http://apolyton.net/~ctp2files/mods/apolpack.zip
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Tamerlin i send you an e-mail

What the SuperApolytonPack do ?

I will perhaps it ...
        L'Arabe Dément
        l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Nothing to do !

Downlload Accelerator say "file not found" !
          L'Arabe Dément
          l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

No flood => i kicked DAP and i downloaded the Apolyton Pack

What it enhance ?

What's the APOL files ?
            L'Arabe Dément
            l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

The Apolyton Pack mostly enhances the AI (including notably AI-AI and AI-Human diplomacy). See the readme for a somewhat more detailed breakdown.

The APOL files are the files that include all the changes made to the game, they have the APOL prefix so that they don't overwrite existing files. You must use ModSwapper to tell the game to use those files rather than the original ones.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Does any of these modz debug hotseat mode? IHMO it's the best mode the game hosts - allows Real Life talking and somewhat diplomacy.
                I am pleased to make contact with your entities. Die.

Comment

The Apolyton extrapack work wonderful for me !
                  I refound the taste of CTP 2
                  L'Arabe Dément
                  l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Originally posted by AbuDhabi
                    Does any of these modz debug hotseat mode? IHMO it's the best mode the game hosts - allows Real Life talking and somewhat diplomacy.
                    No, that requires source code changes, well we already did some changes concerning PBEM or hotseat can't remember which one, I didn't make the alteration. And note that we did only a few things for that there is no human-human diplomacy so far. If you like you can visit the CTP2 Source Code forum and become a beta tester.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul Alhazred
                      The Apolyton extrapack work wonderful for me !
                      I refound the taste of CTP 2
                      Bonjour

c'est bon, c'est bon, c'est fantastique.

Cradle is still the most difficult in my humble opinion.

Comment

Abdul: sorry not to have answered through the Forum but I was almost "away" for two days.

Have you received the files I sent you via e-mail?
                        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

yes, i prefered to use the english files

But i have a question : why when i have an alliance with A, A attack me ? Beuark ! In Civ 3 AI is more rationnal ...
                          L'Arabe Dément
                          l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

That is one aspect that I know is being looked at in the source code.

IIRC, the AI in the super apolyton pack will attack you based on regard, I agree sometimes it seems very irrational.

Comment

Working...
                            X