another maybe simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another maybe simple question

I am experiensing some very enoying errors in the game. The game works perfectly in single player mode for the time before christ.

However, when I tried to reload it from a saved game after that, the program chuts down and goes back to windows.

I checked on the problem solving but they do not report such errors. My girlfriend experiences the same problems with call to power 1.

Is there enything that we can do to stop it, so we can play longer and win, for a change. It 's very anoying when you 're very strong and suddenly the program stops...

I hope somebody has an answer. It would be very helpfull!

greetzzzzzzz,

J.

PS: I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes. I 'm not so good in writing...

I guess the first major bug fix for the game is repairing saved game files. Joe commented out a lot of code for that when we ran out of time on the project. Maybe someone will uncomment it out and fix it.
    -30-

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
      I guess the first major bug fix for the game is repairing saved game files. Joe commented out a lot of code for that when we ran out of time on the project. Maybe someone will uncomment it out and fix it.
      Ah that's why the save games of self made maps doesn't work probably. Whenever you reload you get an extra turn, with production, science unit movement and so on added for you but not for the AI. And I have the fealing that something more got broken, so we have definatly to uncomment this code and fix it.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

great let 's fix it!!!

How??? I really don't know how to start with it! And the thing about the self made maps... I didn 't try to play on self made maps yet, I just played on the random maps you get when you start the game.

Greetz,

J.

Comment

Why didn't Ming or Locutus interview MrOgre? He's really the ONLY PERSON who can answer ANY of these questions.
          -30-

Comment

I asked him, he read my message but never responded
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

He must still be in Australia visiting with DinoDoc. Bastard!! (I can say that because he can't come here and kill me right now.)
              -30-

Comment

Just a thought:

All comments are supposed to be removed from the code.

Does this include commented-out parts of the code to?

I don't hope it's the case, if it is, we will not be able to take advantage of un finished code.
                Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Our best information at present is that all comments will be removed regardless of content.

Comment

That's right John, but I wonder why it takes so long then to strip them all of you could write a program for that task, and Mr. Ogre talked about lawers who check the code again, so why would you need lawers for checking it, if all comments are removed.

-Martin

Comment

As we mentioned before, some of the comments are linked integrally into the code for obfuscation purposes.

For example, the Pac-man sprite and code is all written in the comments. (Did I mention Pac-man? We didn't want any trouble from Midway, but nowadays, they haven't a pot to piss in, so they'll probably sue now.)

The code will NOT compile without thousands of errors if the lawyers simply stripped out the comments. Don't know what to suggest, unless there are some good IP lawyers out there who can also program gamestate and network and AI.
                      -30-

Comment

As we mentioned before, some of the comments are linked integrally into the code for obfuscation purposes.
                        Obfuscation to make it as difficuilt as possible, to decompile the ctp2.exe for example.

For example, the Pac-man sprite and code is all written in the comments. (Did I mention Pac-man? We didn't want any trouble from Midway, but nowadays, they haven't a pot to piss in, so they'll probably sue now.)
                        Pacman, so does the pacman chat window command really work?

The code will NOT compile without thousands of errors if the lawyers simply stripped out the comments. Don't know what to suggest, unless there are some good IP lawyers out there who can also program gamestate and network and AI.
                        Would it be possible just to rename the variables and functions regarding pacman to something meaningless? However it looks like it still takes some time.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                          Obfuscation to make it as difficuilt as possible, to decompile the ctp2.exe for example.
                          Sorry 'bout that. Blame MrOgre.

Pacman, so does the pacman chat window command really work?
                          It should...

Would it be possible just to rename the variables and functions regarding pacman to something meaningless? However it looks like it still takes some time.

-Martin
                          Yeah, just let the compiler do an unconditional search-and-replace for "pacman" and you should be good to go.

How did you find all that, anyway? That stuff was pretty well hidden in the code.
                          -30-

Comment

The chat commands are all in the exe as plaintext. A search for the one we knew "reloadslic" brings up the others. I dont think anyone got "pacman" to work though.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thank god for small favours.
                              -30-

Comment

Working...
                              X