Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods with other languages?

Hi

I wanted to try some of those cool Mods.

The problem is: I have the German version of CTP2.

Is there an easy way to use the English Mods on my CTP2 German Version or a possibility to turn my German Version into an english?

no, the files dont work with the German, sorry.

Thanks for Help
    Paul

Chronist:

Have a look at the directory structure of your CTP2 installation, and you should see some folders "English". Copy the files from the English folder into the German folder. Basically, the problem is the texts are included in specific language folders. You just need to copy them into your own one. Sure you get English text, but it works.

Failing that, Martin would be the best to ask this question to. He runs the German version too.

Comment

You can seriously screw your German installation with those mods, I've done so, and unfamiliar with the file structure and the content of the countless textfiles I had to reinstall completely. Even if you succeed to install the mod by moving directories and renaming and modifying files, all you get is a strange mix of German and English in the output, which is a hell to read and often crashes due to missing files, which you didn't yet copy or move to the other location.

A possible solution is, have sombody send you the set of English textfiles and unzip it in your CtP2 directory, thus making an English version out of your German. After this, the mods work without any change.

Comment

Actual I don't know what the problem is to find some files in a *.zip file that would be unzipped into a ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ folder, so that you can only copy these files into the ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ folder.

Another way of doing this would be to copy all the files in the one folder to the other folder and when you are asked if you like overwrite a file to press the no button. Well this works only if you install a mod and not an update that overwrites some of the files of the mod itsself. By the way all mods for ModSwapper do have a prefix lilke: XXX_

Well and if you can't bear the mishmash of German and English you can still use Sir Ralph's method, but you don't need to ask anyone to send you the files, you can download them from this thread.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X