Increasing empire city limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing empire city limits

I was wondering if it would be just as simple as going into the proper file and just increasing the city limit in say facism, to 55 or 60 cities before empire size caused a huge problem in the game.

Any ideas? I just hate capturing large city and having to go blood bath when I have smaller cities that I can't disband b/c they're my major trade cities.

Thanks!
    The wall of the Achaians

Yes, that'll do it. You want to adjust (in govern.txt):

TooManyCitiesThreshold - Maximum number of cities this government can support without a happiness penalty
    TooManyCitiesCoefficient - Amount of Happiness penalty for each city over the maximum.
    As well as increasing the TooManyCitiesThresholds, you may want to decrease the TooManyCitiesCoefficients. Most of them are 1, but if you lower this to, say, 0.25 (don't forget the leading "0") you can go four cities over the threshhold before suffering a one point happiness drop.

Comment

DP

Comment

Peter,

you have beaten me, should have hit earlier the submit button

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
          Peter,

you have beaten me, should have hit earlier the submit button
          I would have posted my stuff nevertheless. When it is written then it is written so hit the reply button.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for the tips! It makes the game better for me!
            The wall of the Achaians

Comment

just share what you come up with
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

I will. I was playing a game with the Cradle Mod. I didn't increase the city limits, but I was playing with 14 civs. The game freezes up at 170 BC. When I get a chance to try changing the empire size (which won't be until sometime next month) I'll let you gents know.
                The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Working...
                X