Empire Earth Sprites?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Earth Sprites?????

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in making CTP2 sprites out of units from Empire Earth. There are "tons" of them, and I think that they would look great in CTP2. Unfortunately I have very little time on my hands these days, so I won't be making them myself

Anyway, here are a few of the possibilities, they can be oriented into any of 9 different viewing perspectives through the EE scenario editor, so if any body is interested in making them, I'd be more than happy to post the screen shots...
    Attached Files

Having just made 5 sprites, I know how time consuming it is and am being very selective about which ones I do.

I tried starting sprites of AOE units but it was very hard, because screen captures of the units have multi coloured backgrounds and you need to centre the unit in each frame. I gave up, it is just toooo time consuming at this stage. The same would be true of EE.

I found it a lot easier to do a Civ 3 unit and alter it a bit and colour it up. Sharpen the image, add colour, change it a bit and it wasnt to bad.

If you access the actual animation files and produce animation sequences for 5 attack, 5 movement and 1 death (direction 2) with a single colour background, I might give it a go for a few select units needed to fill in a few gaps.

Comment

Stankarp.

If you go to the AoE and Aok heaven you can download a program that opens the data files and get several individual frames of units on a white background. I did it a few years ago, and i think people are using the same free download to get star wars battle ground grapihcs.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Sorry E,

But I dont have that much time to just make lots of sprites. I am trying to learn SLIC at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by E
          Stankarp.

If you go to the AoE and Aok heaven you can download a program that opens the data files and get several individual frames of units on a white background. I did it a few years ago, and i think people are using the same free download to get star wars battle ground grapihcs.
          I tried that as a method, and it sucks. The sprites come out too small and really grainy. Its far easier to let the Civ3 lot convert them to FLICs and then get sprites from those.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I have visited the CivFanatics site. All those guys must be so bored with the game because they mus sit there and convert units all the time rather than play.

I have collected a few choice flics and will keep a regular but slow sprite production line going to fill in particular gaps.
            My program in the near future is-
            Roman Legionary.
            Catapult with crew.
            Cataphract.
            Peltast.

Comment

Working...
            X