No announcement yet.

mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you build other tile improvements like farms and streets on a mined tile? Then it would be a good idea (better: I think it would be a good idea) to destroy the improvement when a mine explodes.

Comment

Can your own units advance through the mines without being damaged or do the mines have the same effect on all players? Is it possible to put mines on land?

Great idea BTW.
      "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

3 questions need addressing

Number 1

No if a mine exists on a tile no other improvement other then tunnel is allowed.

Plus any unit in that tunnel also runs the risk of a mine exploding.

Number 2

You send you troops over the mines there is the same risk as any other.

This is because of a bug if a mine is placed on a beach tile and a ai buildes a city at the side of the mine the mine would become his allowing him to send ships thro the min and not you which is not realistic.

Number 3

Yes it is possible to make a land mine all you need to do is copy the code for the sea mine and attach a land tile imp to it rather then a sea imp.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

any way here is the beta for you inspection.

you need to mos some of this yourself by creating an underwater tiel imp like mine called exmine.I will post me version of the tileimp tomorrow without directly putting my tile file on apolyton you will have to put the mine out of ctp directly into the ctp2 tile file.

then just put this code in to you scenario.slc
          Attached Files
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

very cool, i hope u make a land mine version too and then also the legendary mine sweeper unit could be used (the one unused from ctp1)

.Well here is a full list of my other possible mods if anybody is interested in helping or is just nosy just ask about them
            Pillar boxes

Sam sites

New ruin tile imps

Wonders ruins

Colony (improved)

good.
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

SMIFFGIG
              If you read up it tells you how a land mine works as all you need to do is make the land mine tile imp and call it exmine. Or change the name to landexmine and alter the code a bit.

As for the combat engineer it is easy to put in. here it is just put this lot instead of the normal mine code you still need the is air unit command in the original but on this one you have the option to set two units as mine sweepers. Just remember to put the minesweepers into the air unit array or they will be damaged.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X