No announcement yet.

Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a sprite extractor for civ2. Unfortunately I can't test it at the moment. Has anyone some experience with this and can tell me if it makes a sense to extract CIV2 sprites and merge the images to a CTP2 sprite?

please ignore! what I had in mind was CIV3, If I remember right the units of CIV2 wouldn't be very useful

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
      no at the moment there is no spr file viewer however i have been working on one and an analysis of these files is coming together I currently know that a spr file is a series of bmp files and labels to go with them however what compression is used is still a mastery as I don't know where to find the hole code of activsion spr maker if we could gain accesses to this it would be child�s play to make one
      Well the compression is very similar to the *.til file format, and actual only the pixels with a alpha channel biger than zero are saved. If the pixel has a 100% alpha channel then no additional information is saved, otherwise the number of bytes that are needed to save an pixel are used to store the alpha channel, in a *.tga viewer it appears as another pixel directly after the pixel to that the alpha channel is attached. On the start of every line you have something saved that looks like information about the postion of that line in the room and its length. Even if the whole think looks with a *.tga viwer very similar, it uses another color pallete then a *.tga file format. As additional information it looks like that the sprite also contains a shrinked version of the actual saved graphic.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

yes it does look similar when I open an spr in WordPad.

Sends us a highlighted version of what you are on about please I may have an idea on opening them.

The problem is without the main code all we can do is paddle around in a big circle.

i know that activsion gave us some "code" but without the rest of it all it does is confuse people.

the only way I can see of getting the code as well is throw the use of a decompile.

if we could get one of these .
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
        X