Pollution levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution levels

hi guys i new to ctp2 and i need help, i recently installed apolyton pack for my PC. and the pollution levels are waaaaay to high for my game. i don't even have oil refineries, tried switching govs failed.

my email is

chris@pearce.net

regards chris

Yeah it does seem that way, have you placed any mines? On the default game i never placed mines until Mega Mines (sometimes adv mines). Also what size map is it? If theres alot of AI's then the planet is almost doomed to flood at least once. Those dirty bastards
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Pollution reply

actuallly the map is huge, i have lots of mines but i need them for development, but even so it still shouldn't be that much, i havn't even oil refining yet i just developed factories.

my pollution level is 3000 and continuosly jumps up and down which is thorougly annoyimg.

do you know if theres a way to alter the pollution settings?

regards chris1

Comment

Welcome Chris1,

you may want to try the Super Apolyton Pack 2 mod, it corrects almost all the bugs of the original game, without changing the spirit of the original CtP2 game, and strengthens the AI.

The pollution is treated a bit differently in the SAP2 as it is mainly influencing the Happiness of your citizens (a tile can still becomes useless from time to time) which is, in my own opinion, more realistic.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think chris is talking about SAP actually. Pollution is alot worse in SAP, than the original game. I remember the pollution is always a ***** in SAP until you get Matter Decompilers. I thought the original settings were a little too easy on impossible, but they werent annoying or overbearing on gameplay.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            I think chris is talking about SAP actually.

Ooops, I should read the posts more carefully...

Pollution is alot worse in SAP, than the original game. I remember the pollution is always a ***** in SAP until you get Matter Decompilers. I thought the original settings were a little too easy on impossible, but they werent annoying or overbearing on gameplay.
            Pollution in the SAP is a real problem to manage but I don't find it is overbearing. I prefer to deal with it on the hapiness ground rather than having to deal with many dead tiles.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Pollution

well what basicly happened (i was using the Apolyton pack at the time) i decided to put on pollution settings to makethe game more fun and also for ecotopia. and suddenly all my cities revolted due to over pollution. so i tried restarting the map and putting pollution on at the beginning of the game.

Comment

You could just turn it off in options.

First person that says the words "cheat", "spoil" or "DoT is an idiot" wins an all expenses paid trip to the business end of my fist.
                If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

RE:POLLUTION

yeah but then i won't be able to use Ecotopia wonder and destroy my enemies most polluting cites or Eco rangers.

i think it is much more fun with the pollution settings on.

actually i tried switching it off but strangely enough it didn't work.

Comment

Pollution reply

hi everyone i fixed the pollution problem i had, well half did.

what i did was i tried it on the original CTP2 game without apolyton on it and the pollution settings are much much less than on apolyton. im in the 1900 got 700 points pollution doing well. but it keeps jumping up and down all the time, got rid of all my mines.

the reason i had such problems with pollution is because i had on half way through the game and suddenly half my cities were revolting. it happened in everyone elses as well. i had over 8000 points pollution which i felt was hardly fair.

does anyone here know how to get new units working?

regards chris

Comment

Isn't your problem related to a "Happiness" Wonder becoming obsolete because of a new advance?

Comment

no its just that on the apolyton pack i downloaded the pollutions setting were to high.

anyway i recently started getting a load of error messages whilst playing on CTP2. when i tried to move air units it would go into windows and this message would come up.

CTP2\CTP2_DATA\DEFAULT\GAMEDATA\AIRUNIT.SLC:113:
                        ARRAY INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS

if anyone could help me on this it would be much apreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1
                          no its just that on the apolyton pack i downloaded the pollutions setting were to high.

anyway i recently started getting a load of error messages whilst playing on CTP2. when i tried to move air units it would go into windows and this message would come up.

CTP2\CTP2_DATA\DEFAULT\GAMEDATA\AIRUNIT.SLC:113:
                          ARRAY INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS

if anyone could help me on this it would be much apreciated.
                          It looks like a typical DebugSlic error, the line DebugSlic=Yes in your Userprofile.txt must be changed to DebugSlic=No if you want the SAP2 to run without any problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X