Removing standard units/advances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing standard units/advances

I'm building a mod where it would be awesome if I could simply erase advance.txt and start fresh. While I have heard of successful removals by other modders in the past, everry time I try it the game gets pissy at me. Help?
    (at the very least, is there a flag which makes an advance unresearchable?)
    "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

You can make an advance unresearchable by giving it a prerequisite of itself, this way it wont come from goody huts either.

If it keeps asking for an advance somewhere just search your CtP2 directory or scenario directory (if your making a scenario) for files containing the advance and delete it.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yeah, deleting all the advances means editing practically every text file. Much easier to simple disable them and start fresh.

Maq's suggestion is probably the best way.

Sounds interesting Chris, nice to see you back again
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

What I did in my mod to stop the game getting ~~~~~ at me was to write over the old advances.

Basically convert slave labour in to asteroid mining etc

It is very easy to do as all you need to do is change the gl enters and a few other language things and you are done. The with prerequisite and civ ages dealt with you are ok.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
        X