No announcement yet.

Errors with Med Mod II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a lot of Med mod files in the Scenario folder in a folder entitled MedPack4. In that there is a Med readmes folder which contains 3 unzipped folders for AI data. Does this sound right?

Engineer_ can you tell me how you checked that unzipped files were going in the right folder?

Comment

ROTFL....
      Stan, you downloaded the Med Pack One for Ctp 1 !
      That's why things don't look right. (Btw, you're not the first one to make that mistake.)

Comment

Wes, could you please identify the files for ctp2 as opposed to ctp1. Thanx.

Comment

Stankarp he has!
          One lot(most of them) are under a 'Call To Power II' title, and at the bottom of the site are some more under a 'Call To Power I' title...............
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I'm not at home so I don't know the exact directories, but the way I extract files is to extract to the C:/program files/activision/call to power 2 folder. There are like 4 files to Med Mod II I believe. Will if you just extract it to itself in the download directory three of the four would start with ctp2data or something like that and the other one of the four started with Med Mod II directory, which is not in the directory structure of CTP2 so those files were not overwritten or used in the mod. I can't remember which one it was, but it was just one of the four I believe.

Comment

Well, all the Ctp stuff is on my old computer, which is in another room and shut down, so I may be wrong too, but I don't think the mod would load if one of the parts was not installing correctly. Note that a Med readmes folder is created by the text portion of the mod, and contains all the readmes and the spreadsheet.

Comment

I may have found the pproblem i am having with Med Mod.

I tried downloading a second time all the med mod files after deleting my entire CTP2 folder, re-installing, putting modswapper and activision patch back and only loading the med mod files that were downloaded for the second time.

The main error I was getting was when I built my first city. I got a TGA load error, cant find UPUP something, then up came a distorted city manager screen and the game locked.

Since then I reinstalled cradle, and played for a while, then started experimenting with graphics (TGA files). When I saved the PaintShop Pro files, they initially saved as jpeg images, not TGA, even though i renamed them UPUP.......TGA. When I started the game and tried to access the unit manager or great library for that unit, I got a cant find UPUP error for that number. and, then got the SAME distorted city manager screen that locks the game.

Since then I have worked out how to save the new graphic fils as TGA, 16 bit, uncompressed and the new image appears in the library, army and unit manager without errors.

I think that some UPUP files in the medmod download must have become corrupted and I will do some checking to see if I can find the cause by inserting new UPUP fiules for the missing ones.

Comment

I decided to delete my CTP2 game and start again with Medmod. This was because I had a heap of mods in the folder including LoTR, Cradle, apol pack etc.

Installed CTP2. and 1.1 patch. Then checked Wes' MedMod site and extracted the following 6 files, Pictures zip, sounds zip, sprites 1 zip, sprites 2 zip, videos zip, 2.2_beta_texts.zip which are listed for ctp2 on that site. Installed modswapper.

Game crashed at start due to large number of slic errors.

Checked all my old download files and found FOUR MORE files with content or names that sounded like they belonged to medmod. These files were 1_1 texts zip, Medmod_4 Optics zip, Medmod_4 onsv.zip, and Medmod_sprites and sounds zip. I extracted these to my CTP2 folder. Note these files were not listed on Wes' web site.

Game now started, after a DB error (Movie_wonder, Medieval Pac II-not found in wondermovie database), clicked OK and game started. Built my first city and game grashed after TGA load error, cant find UPUP158L. I went back into the CTP directory and looked in default\graphics\pictures and there were only a few TGA files there. However, sitting in the CTP directory was a folder called Med mod II Pics. Inside it was a pictures folder with a large number of TGA files including UPUP158L. I copied all these pictures into the CTP 2 data\default\graphics\pictures folder.

Game now starts and runs, however still with the DB error referred to above. Have played about 100 turns with no problems, built 5 wonders, explored etc.

Seems that the Web site at the moment is missing some zip files.

Comment

The MedMod_4*.zip files are definitely files for CtP1, so they can't be the problem. In fact, they are more likely to cause problems than to solve them. I suspect the other files you mentioned are old versions as well. In the pictures.zip file on Wes's website there *is* a UPUP158L file, as well as in the files in the Apolyton Directory. So if your setup is missing these files, something went wrong in either downloading or extracting the files. Note that pictures.zip on Wes's website by default extracts to the wrong folder (Med mod II Pics\ctp2_data\default\[...] rather than ctp2_data\default\[...]), so I suspect this causing your problems. The files in the Apolyton Directory should not have this problem.

The SLIC errors you got were most likely caused by either an incorrect setting for DebugSlic (which should be set to No (in userprofile.txt)) or by a misinstalled patch. If you still have such errors, post the exact errors here (one or two will suffice if there are many) and I can probably explain what's going on.

I think the intro movie bug is explained in one of the readmes. I had the same thing myself a long time ago (though I don't remember the details) but it was easy to solve with the info from the readmes. I believe (though I'm not 100% certain here) that the version of the mod that can be found in the Apolyton Directory does not have this problem, I tested that fairly thoroughly IIRC (the Directory has the exact same mod BTW, just distributed over 2 files rather than 6ish).
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks Locutus

Could be that I only needed to move the pictures to the correct file. The game is playing now only with the DB error which does not stop the game. I'll look through the readmes to see if I can find the suggested fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X