Infinit slaves bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinit slaves bug

I just accsidentaly found out that there is an bug in the retreat system that lets you get slaves without killing any enemy units.

If you attack a unit with a stak containing a slaver, and imediatelt press the retreat button, each side only gets of one shot/hit, so normally nobody dies, but since the slaver survived the battel you get a slave.

If you walk up to an enemy city, surround it with pairs of slavers and combatunits, you can in theory get 40 slaves each turn. (6 pairs on each tile and units in cities regenerate)

A not unrealistic setup could be to trap a single barbarian hoplite, between a unit one tile away, and a full 12-unit stack with 6 slavers, and you will have a steady supply of slaves.

I know that overexploitning this will only create problems, but used right it can be a tremendous advantage: think of having 4-6 slaves in each city. That's a lot of slaves!!!!
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Yeah i know, just another reason to get rid of retreat.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'll just have to remember never to have a slaver in a raiding force.

I use retreat as a way of raiding enemy cities and armies without killing them. Or to weaken a defense force prior to an attak.

Comment

Why dont you use a mainly bombarding stack of units and bombard them instead to weaken down cities or armies. Maybe this bug is why they took retreat out of multiplayer, but thought no one would notice in SP.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Simple solution...

Exert a little self-control and don't use a feature that can exploit the AI - or a feature that you know that the AI will not use.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I know

I wish the AI would use it, that would be the best, or maby something like the SMAC solotion where a failing unit would attempt a retreat, her of cause it would be the stack doing it.

But that belongs in another thread.

Comment

i just knew

Comment

Like other thread said

Retreat option is just one big bug
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally Posted by Martin the Dane
                  I wish the AI would use it, that would be the best, or maby something like the SMAC solotion where a failing unit would attempt a retreat, her of cause it would be the stack doing it.
                  Thats the kinda thing i was trying to suggest on the other thread by doing it through SLIC, but from the sounds of it its impossible.
                  It would all depend on the attacker and defender, strength of defender/attacker, number of units and what terraint type it was on and from this it would work out how much health the retreating units would still have and also a percentage chance of and actual retreat taking place.

But if it cant be done, it cant be done

Even if these retreated units where not actually the same army, just new units that appeared on a corresponding tile in the appropriate quantities and health percent

-James
                  Oxygen should be considered a drug
                  Tiberian Sun Retro
                  My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                  http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                    Thats the kinda thing i was trying to suggest on the other thread by doing it through SLIC, but from the sounds of it its impossible.
                    It would all depend on the attacker and defender, strength of defender/attacker, number of units and what terraint type it was on and from this it would work out how much health the retreating units would still have and also a percentage chance of and actual retreat taking place.

But if it cant be done, it cant be done

Even if these retreated units where not actually the same army, just new units that appeared on a corresponding tile in the appropriate quantities and health percent

-James
                    Well we have these Events:

RunCombat(army_t, location_t, int_t, int_t)
                    Run one round of combat

VictoryMoveOrder(army_t, location_t)
                    The move into an attacked square after winning a battle

So what would happen if we would do something liek this:

HandleEvent(RunCombat)'MG_StopCombat'{
                    return STOP;
                    }

Would this stop the combat or would this end in a infinity loop?

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I can't imagine that having a good effect on the game. There's no way to end the battle if you don't run the combat rounds.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You could try generating a BattleAfterMath event or something like that...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Interesting. Shame you can't retreat in MP, it would have been a cool trick to pull on my brother to get a major advantage.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X