• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k
    i thought that they just toggled the fog of war for the screenshot

Comment

Anyone,
      Is someone interested in working with me in a project to make the CTP2 terrains (specially beaches) less square?

I can do the graphics but i wish i had someone to help me insert the graphics in the tile file, test it and if possible (i can do this on my own if not) help me with the connection of two tiles!
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

yah the mythical early space destroyer only exists on one pic I know of and if you want to know what that is a tell you to just look at the back of your own ctp1 tech tree.

There are some early beta cities on the ctp1 cd any body interested I re spr them so they can grow. They are the early sea cities, genetic and diamond (diamond not yet finished). There available on the space scenario thread

Please not the two extra spr files in the ctp1 directory these appear to be copy of the swarm and space fighter but are infect slightly different.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

The REALLY annoying thig is if we do restore these old city sprites there wont be any room for them. The city sprite file is virtually full with Citymod2 and even then there are loads of styles still not even used eg Ctp1 genetic and diamond and the rest.

Its frustrating cause if there was no limit or a much larger one there would be loads of city styles we could have

If only we had the damn source code
          Oxygen should be considered a drug
          Tiberian Sun Retro
          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

if only we could get it but activsion is making a killing with the sale of ctp and ctp2 at £10 .

I tried in vain to get hold of somebody because I wanted the beta war walker.

what I want to know is were are the beta images of ctp2
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              2: A SPRITEster? I want it!
              No you don't. Well, not the one for CtP2 anyway, or at least not the one I have. It's total and utter crap. If it works at all, it must work in such an absurd way that you need elaborate documentation to be able to do anything useful with it (I certainly can't get it to work without documentation) and that's not very good. *Extremely* buggy too, if you do anything remotely CPU-intensive, the game crashes. Probably the reason why they never released it (they planned to)...

Isolated visible areas. Which means either units have been placed via the cheat menu, or the AI embassy bug is showing itself again...
              Wasn't the embassy bug caused by the Diplomod?
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Now i love the way the random map is generated in this screenshot

the way icy terrain is at the poles, i wish this could be re-created in the current random maps only to a lesser degree (to keep it balanced and keep it from being stupid)

oh and i love this screenie, think its just cause of the cows in it

Oh and Big Mc whats this space destroyer your talking about ?

-James
                Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  No you don't. Well, not the one for CtP2 anyway, or at least not the one I have. It's total and utter crap. If it works at all, it must work in such an absurd way that you need elaborate documentation to be able to do anything useful with it (I certainly can't get it to work without documentation) and that's not very good. *Extremely* buggy too, if you do anything remotely CPU-intensive, the game crashes. Probably the reason why they never released it (they planned to)...
                  Still be nice to get my hands on at least once. Aaaargh. It's so frustrating. We have an almost-sprite reader, no sprite viewer despite a planned one, and a sprite creator without full docu.
                  Its not really any wonder there are more fully animated Civ3 FLICS than animated and non-animated CtP/2 sprites put together by a factor of two ALREADY.

/me checks ticket prices to the Netherlands*
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
                    Anyone,
                    Is someone interested in working with me in a project to make the CTP2 terrains (specially beaches) less square?

I can do the graphics but i wish i had someone to help me insert the graphics in the tile file, test it and if possible (i can do this on my own if not) help me with the connection of two tiles!
                    i cant help but id love to see it

Comment

originally posted by Big Mc
                      what I want to know is were are the beta images of ctp2
                      This is probably the earliest you will get

Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Edit: Ignore floating white pixel next to poppies
                        Ok ive taken the beta fisheries, farm, open mine and poppies + Glass trade goods. They are ready to be put into a tile file for anybody who wishes how too

here is what they look like :
                        Attached Files
                        Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Ignore the solid shadow as it will show up ok when put into tiledit (edit, what am i talking about they dont even go into tiledit... damn ive done the shadows wrong... how do i make them translucent) ? i was making the as if they where TI
                          This is just a screenshot to show u how similar they are to the original (mine and farm)
                          Attached Files
                          Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

i made these just for fun other image wont attach,,, anyway just shows all the stuff on different terrains and stuff and they look good

If u wanna download the Targas and a few other images showing them download them here: i think these would be a nice addition to the tile file
                            Attached Files
                            Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

will any modders be using them

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                                Now i love the way the random map is generated in this screenshot
                                Actual the borders between icy and non icy terrain is a little bit to sharp. But if you like those maps just go into your userprofile.txt and find these lines:

Code:
                                MapPlugin0=dll\\map\\geometric.dll
                                MapPlugin1=dll\\map\\crater.dll
                                MapPlugin2=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
                                MapPlugin3=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
                                And alter the file so that it looks like that:

Code:
                                MapPlugin0=dll\\map\\geometric.dll
                                MapPlugin1=dll\\map\\crater.dll
                                MapPlugin2=dll\\map\\plasma2.dll
                                MapPlugin3=dll\\map\\fault.dll
                                So we see that map generation is not part of the ctp2.exe entirely but also part of some external *.dll files.

And by the way just in the case you did not voted for CTP1/2 in the Games Top List yet. Do it now.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X