Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to kill exactly 7 people. Volunteers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again everybody.

coT, I sleep the peaceful sleep of the righteous at night. My citizens understand the importance of the "Grand Experiment." They realise it’s for the "Greater Good." Their "Grandiose Patriotism" will always be remembered. And those that don’t agree with me – die ! So, everybody wins!

Very little SLIC deals with the actual population.
    IW, I was afraid of that. I had a feeling that SLIC wouldn’t let me do it!

The reason for all this bloodshed: A friend of mine remarked that he’d like something like Cancer or Bubonic Plague or Smallpox or Cholera or Whatever to affect the citizens of his cities. Every turn a very small number of people in every city dies – not enough to be irritating - but enough to hamper growth a tad. This would be triggered by an advance or an age, and would continue until either a cure is discovered, or a wonder is built (Cure for Cancer in Civ2). I think it makes a nice little sub-plot. A race within a race. I also thought it wouldn’t be too difficult...

Pedrunn - NO ! You cannot possibly say "impossible" so flippantly! You’re one of my CTP2 heroes! Don’t let me down. (Besides – I have a rather embarrassing Pedrunn quote on impossibility right here.)

Big Mc, the wilful decimation of my population is on your shoulders now. No pressure.
    If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil of Truth
      Pedrunn - NO ! You cannot possibly say "impossible" so flippantly! You’re one of my CTP2 heroes! Don’t let me down. (Besides – I have a rather embarrassing Pedrunn quote on impossibility right here.)
      Ooops!

At least thanks to Big Mc we know how meanless this word is around here.
      No matter what this doesnt mean that the effect you want cant be work around. We can always remove the people with invisible TI's or unamed buildings with food penalties. Not as accurate but efficient.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

The only way to do it if may reasoning is right is to model the civs growth. This is to mean that the word estimate is put in front of the pop in the city view windows. And then use msq boxes to say that “7 people have been killed in the great experiment today”. Then using the INT CityFoodDelta(city) function one can model the citys growth pattern then minus a pop point or so when the dead of the exsperimant = 501 or greater. every turn you would add the regular new pop so the 501 would becom 491 if ten people are added per turn then you would minus the dead of the experiment. So the city growth is reduced.

if you think I wont to program it I suggest you turn to some one else.
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
        X