IsReligious and Cathedral flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IsReligious and Cathedral flags

Can someone tell me what the IsReligious and Cathedral flags for buildings.txt do. In the docs on 'Poly it just says "This is a religious building" and "This is a cathedral" which is somewhat silly. I'm fairly sure one of them makes the building get affected by a wonder with the IncreaseCathedrals flag, but I don't know which one or what the other does.

I am not sure about the things i am saying here but guesses are:

Cathedral
    I think cathedral has something to do with the wonder.txt entry:
    Code:
    IncreaseCathedrals
    IncreaseCathedralsValue
    If the wonder with the entry IncreaseCathedrals is build the buildings with the Cathedral entry will get the IncreaseCathedralsValue bonus.

Note: There is a wonder entry called IncreaseBrokerages and a building entry called Brokerage

IsReligious
    I am really really not sure about this entry so this will be a wild guess
    I believe this organizes the religious happy bonus in the city manager screen. As there is a pollution unhappines, overcrowng uhhapiness, there is a religious building happiness bonus (Or was it in CTP1? Or was in other game? )
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Good question. Does Theocracy effect religious buildings somehow?
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Pedrunn, I think you guessed right about the Cathedral flag. I changed my granaries to Cathedrals etc. (people that enjoy food would understand ), and it seemed like I received a bonus when building religious wonders.

Would IsReligious affect conversion?
        If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Working...
        X