Scenario Idea !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Idea !

I have a really good idea for a scenrio, its sooo annoying its all in my head and everything whats going to happen how it will work what it will looklike etc. but i have no idea about how to do SLIC.

Coincidently Peter has just posted that SLIC guide thing so im without hesitation going to download that Are scenario events done through SLIC? that was the main question

and a couple of things, only answer these if you know them off the top of your head and dont spend a day or something finding out how, as it is my scenario after all

SLIC Questions
    1.How do I make an event eg Reinforcements to appear at a certain point in the game or after a trigger.

2.How do I make it so AI only build units and they are units that I have specified

3.How do I make it so that when a city is captured it is 100% of the time destroyed

4.Can i make it so that a unit dies after a certain amount of movement

5.Can I specify what barbarians appear

6.Can I make it so city boarders are invisible?

7. Finally can I make it so that u have an ally that are there and u can see all there stuff etc but they never do anything build etc.

ill say again PLEASE DONT answer these questions if there gunna take u ages to find out or whatever. It is my scenario after all so I should be doing the work

cheers for the help and dont worry im gunna try real hard to learn some slic so I can stop asking questions all the darn time

Edit; Ok that SLIC tutorial has been there for like a year or something, stupid me never seen it before
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

OK answering out of the head:

2. Just modify the AI build lists in the ..\default\aidata\ folder.

3. Just use this code:

Code:
    HandleEvent(CaptureCity)'KillCityOnCapture'pre{
       Event:KillCity(city[0]);
    }
    6. As far as I know this isn't possible.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Cheers Martin much appreciated

P.S I really hope I do get this scenario finished
      Oxygen should be considered a drug
      Tiberian Sun Retro
      My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
      http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Re: Scenario Idea !

You really seem to be getting the hang of the modmaking, SMIFFGIG's

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG's
        1.How do I make an event eg Reinforcements to appear at a certain point in the game or after a trigger.
        Determine when you want something to happen and what you to happen. Then write the code for it. The when part goes into the condition part of if-statements, the what goes into the execution part of it. Example: in turn 15, you want to give 3 Legions to player 2, near his capital (where you want something to happen would be a suitable 3rd question to ask). Then your code should look like this:
        Code:
        HandleEvent(BeginTurn) 'LOQ_ReinforcementExample' post {
        	if (player[0] == 2 && g.year == 15) {
        		city[0] = player[0].capital;
        		CreateUnit(2, UnitDB(UNIT_LEGION), city[0].location, 1);
        	}
        }
        This will check at the start of every turn (BeginTurn) if the currently active player is player 1 (player[0] == 1) AND (&&) if the current turn is turn 15 (g.year == 15). If this is both the case, it will create a Legion, owned by player 2, 1 square away from the capital, and it will do this 3 times. The only 'hard' (not really) part here is to find a suitable location. This can be any tile on the map, but depending on exactly what you want it may require some extra coding to store this location correctly (in this case: 'city[0] = player[0].capital').

4.Can i make it so that a unit dies after a certain amount of movement
        That one's trickier but it's certainly possible. How to implement it depends on your meaning of 'movement'. A number of tiles, a number of turns, a number of movement points? You'll need to detect these and store them in a global variable. Then, everytime a unit moves, check if it has moved enough and if so, destroy it. It also depends a lot on whether you want this to go for one specific unit, one unit type, several unit types, all units, one civ, all civs, etc, etc. You'll need to flesh out/explain the idea a little better before any code can be written for this.

5.Can I specify what barbarians appear
        If you disable the creation of Barbarian units and do it entirely through SLIC (ala the code from Q1 only slightly more complex (with randomness involved)), yes. Without SLIC, I'm not sure. You'd have to check out the text files in the default\gamedata folder.

6.Can I make it so city boarders are invisible?
        No, not AFAIK.

7. Finally can I make it so that u have an ally that are there and u can see all there stuff etc but they never do anything build etc.
        Not sure exactly how you want this implement. I can think of a few things (e.g. turn off the AI for this player, then they won't do anything) but since I'm not sure exactly what you want, it's hard to say much about it.

learn some slic
        If you haven't found it already, make sure you check out my and Immortal Wombat's guides as well, not just Peter's.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X