New Med Pack II install problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Med Pack II install problems

PLEASE HELP! [/B]! I would very much like to try out the new Med Pack II by Wes but....... I get an error message. Error: MM2L_Const.txt not found in asset tree. MM2L_Const.txt not found in line 117. Any ideas? Did I install wrong. I know that MM2L_Const.txt is there in the zip file because I searched for it after encountering this problem. BTW, of ocurse it caused the game to crash to my desktop. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, really bad jokes......anything is appreciated. Great Pumpkin[B]

Did you use modswapper?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

My puzzle is why we've been told it is 2.2 it still only comes up with 2.1 on modswapper. Is that simply an omission?
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Right, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled CTP2 (plus the patch etc). After installing your pack as found in the Apolyton directory, modswapper came up with absolutely no pointer whatsoever to the Med Pack.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Yes, Great Pumpkim, did you use ModSwapper and if so, what option did you select?

Rusty Gamer,
          I think the version number is an omission, not too much too worry about. About the reinstall, did you unzip it in the correct folder and maintain subfolders? If the mod is installed properly there should be a MM2_gamefile.txt file in [mainCtP2]\ctp2_data\default\gamedata. If there isn't, something went wrong during the installation of the mod...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I used Modswapper and tried to open "GoodMod for the Medieval Pack II v2.2 LargeCiv" I had already downloadaed an unzipped into the CTP II main folder as you (Locutus) suggested in another thread. I even tried unzipping the GoodMod (again) after unzipping the Med Pack 2 and vice versa sto see if that made it a difference - it didn't. I even sent an e-mail to Wes to see if he had an answer (no response from Wes yet - I suspect he is a very busy person).

GoodMod apparently works with many different Mods (MedPack, Ultra Gigantic Map, Apolyton Pack 2.0, City Expansion Mod 2.0, etc.) Is there any particular order which these have to be unzipped (i.e. unzip the two files for MedPack 2 first THEN GoodMod or vice versa?

I am so full of questions even I am finding it hard to breathe Signed with great questimification, the Great Pumpkin

Comment

I have the beta text files from Wes homepage on my system if it doesn't say MedPack2 v.2.22 then v.2.22 isn't installed. You unzipped the file but I am efraid the files didn't go into the right directory. The zip file should be unzipped into the main folder so that you find in the end a file called MM2_gamefile.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder as Locutus said. If you can't find it there then you should do a file search in windows. There could be three reasons why the file and all the other files aren't in the correct folders. The first reason is that you find in the *.zip file a wrong subdirectory structure as in the 2.1 version of MedPack. The second reason is that you just unzipped it into the wrong folder and the possible third reason could be that the function use the saved directory structure is disabled and all the files go into one folder, in that case you have to enable that function of your unzipper program.

Originally posted by Great Pumpkim
              GoodMod apparently works with many different Mods (MedPack, Ultra Gigantic Map, Apolyton Pack 2.0, City Expansion Mod 2.0, etc.) Is there any particular order which these have to be unzipped (i.e. unzip the two files for MedPack 2 first THEN GoodMod or vice versa?
              Actual there is no recommended order. I am just aware of a minor graphics incompartibilty, nothing that causes a crash or will you stop from playing one or the other mod, it is fixed in GoodMod. There was a *.tga file that was used in MedPack and ApolytonPack/CityMod2 with the same name but different content. So first install ApolytonPack, then MedPack and then GoodMod, and play GoodMod and you have no problems with that if you first installed MedPack and you want to install ApolytonPack and want to play with GoodMod then unzip again MedPack and this small incompartibility is gone or just live with it.

In the case you want to play with GoodMod for MedPack2 I recomment to read the last posts of the GoodMod thread. There you find a fix for the MM2 setup of GoodMod that is useful until I release the next version of GoodMod.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

file zipped with wrong directory.

The file "medmod_text_pics_and_videos" has been zipped wrongly. Many of the zipped directory names start with:

ctp2_data\ctp2_data\...

It repeats ctp2_data twice. See, I knew it wasn't me!

Comment

If you haven't already done it just move the content of the first ctp2_data\ directory into your main CTP2 directory, so that all the files are at the right place. If you used the version from the directory I think Locutus should check the file there.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                  X