Mod Swapper problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Swapper problems

I installed Modswapper and it opens with the box and looksa for Mods but it only sees the original game. How do I get it it to see other mods? I need it to use all the other cool modslike the wonders mod and the new city expansion mod. PLEASE HELP !!!!

Did you actually install the other mods? Download them from Apolyton (or wherever) and unzip them in the main CtP folder (C:\Program FIles\Activision\Call to Power 2 by default)?
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

OK, the modswapper works. Umm, next question. I tried the "Visible Wonders" mod. Does it show all the wonders like the Great Wall, Aristotle's Lyceum, etc.? If it does then something isn't quite working right. Feedback?

Comment

No, it only works with a specific list of wonders. The list of wonders for which graphics are avaiable can be found in the readme of the Apolyton Tile File. These wonders aren't mod-specific: they're a list of important Wonders, from all times from all over the world, developed especially for this purpose.

The original game has it's own list of wonders, completely independent from the Apolyton Tile File. Those wonders that are BOTH in the Apolyton Tile File mod AND in the original game will be visible on the map when you build them with the Visible Wonders mod (in this case that is probably only a small number: probably no more than half a dozen).

Once other mods such as Cradle implement Visible Wonders as well (this will take some time), the same situation applies there: only those wonders which appear BOTH in e.g. Cradle AND in the Apolyton Tile File will be visible on the map when they are built. To how many wonders this applies will be different per mod: for the mod I'm working on myself (which is far from finished so don't get too excited ) there will probably 30 odd wonders visible on the map. Most other mods will probably have less, though that depends entirely on what the modmakers themselves want.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The Great Wall should show up if you have the Apo Tile File
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
          X