Terrain ideas and a small favour :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain ideas and a small favour :)

I was thinking about what gigapimp3001 said in one of his previous posts about terrain
    maybe just different types of the same terrain, just for asthetic reasons (a whole planet of grassland does look pretty dull!)
    . I have to agree with this statement.

A couple of things, has anyone thought of putting back some of the old terrain from CtP1. eg Forest, Jungle and Marsh in particular. I think these terrains look good and in conjunction with the current terrains in CtP2 would look great.

I am thinking of making a small mod that just adds different looking terrains of the same kind eg. Grassland that looks like grassland only is different to the current one. Say 4 extra tiles for each terrain type. This would add alot more diversity to a random map and make the whole think look more appealing and realistic.

Furthermore has anyone thought of adding irrigation TI for very early ages eg.4000BC. I think this would be a good idea too.

Anyway i was wondering is someone could post
    1.the terrain files from CtP1 here
    2.The image from CtP1 which appeared in the loading an saving screen under info. There is still a pic there in CtP2 but its different.

Thanx, and give me your opinons on what u think about the mod idea

SMIFFGIG
    Attached Files
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Great idea. The major problem is to study the rules for the Tile rules thrpogh tiledit and create new borders. But if you got those from CTP1 i guess you dont have much to do. Anything done just tell me. I will be glady to add in the new version of the Apolyton Tile File if they look good.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Actual this would be an interesting idea to make a CTP1 style tile file. The mountains in CTP1 looked higher for instance.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

This is a scenario-structure mod which, if you put the CtP1 tile files into works as if the game had CtP1 terrain.
        Attached Files
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ugly, but it's certain worth a try...

I attached the image you requested and put the CtP1 tile file here (right-click and 'Save Target As').
          Attached Files
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Cheers thanx for the stuff. This mod is likely to take a while. The first version will likely only have the best looking CtP1 tiles in it...

First though IW, ive tryed your test scenario and it will not run, it either loads with original tiles then when i got to reveal map through cheat menu it faults up (crashes to desktop. Or it just crashes to desktop when i click the "Launch" button. Note: when i enable the scenario it doesnt go straight to the picking civ menu then start. But just goes back to the main new game menu.

anyway thanx again for the stuff. If only the terrain looked as good as in the "upba2611" image locutus attached, anyway i can keep dreaming

SMIFFGIG
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

First though IW, ive tryed your test scenario and it will not run, it either loads with original tiles then when i got to reveal map through cheat menu it faults up (crashes to desktop. Or it just crashes to desktop when i click the "Launch" button. Note: when i enable the scenario it doesnt go straight to the picking civ menu then start. But just goes back to the main new game menu.
              You put the CtP tile files in the scenario structure?
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well kids, this is a sample terrain file of what I`m proposing.

I haven`t a clue as to modifing the graphic terrain (hint,hint) so at the moment all the new terrian will confusingly look like the normal stuff.

When you generate a new map it won`t splice in the goodies but then you could always do it yourself and place them in a stragic location, eg halfway between two civs and watch the sparks fly. Of course the AI might not realise this so that might be a job for the brains!

I think this should work well on especially large maps where you vast expanses of other useless terrain (jungle or desert) but with the occasional goody to liven things up.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X