Natural Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Wonders

A while ago, Dale presented the idea of having wonders of natural beauty on the map, to add to the atmosphere, and complement the man-made wonders.

So I made the mod, and the necessary graphics are in the new Apolyton Tile File already.

Hopefully the mod will be available for download in the Apolyton Directory CtP2 MODS section reasonably soon.

This mod makes the world a little more interesting by adding up to 7 new features onto the map - seven of the most beautiful natural features of earth (in theory at least. my art's not up to much).
    They are: Ayers Rock, the Great Barrier Reef, the Grand Canyon, Angel Falls, Lake Baikal, the Guilin Hills, and the Urgup Cones.
    I say "up to" because usually only 4 or 5 appear, two of them can be quite rare, depending on your map settings. And no, I'm not telling you which two.

Requirements:
    -CtP2
    -Activision Patch v1.11
    -ModSwapper
    -DebugSlic=No in \ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt
    -The Apolyton Enhanced Tile File

All downloads are avaiable in the Apolyton Directory (http://apolyton.net/dir)
    Once you have got them all, you can install the mod.

Installation:
    Simply unzip all files to your Call to Power 2 directory.

The mod as it stands runs as an add-on to the default game only.

If other modders want to include it as part of their larger mod (Cradle, MM2, SAP etc.) they are willing too. I know Dale likes it
    It should be simple enough to figure out.

Feedback welcome here, or <a href=mailto:weaver1@btopenworld.com>by email</a>.

Ben
    Attached Files
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

After IW fixed a bug, file approved: http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?id...ts=2364&cat=28
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I LOVE YOU MAN!

Well, not literally, but you know what I mean.

Comment

I will check this up now.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

I apologise for the canyon. It sucks. But the rest look alright once they're spread out a bit. They don't gel very well with the map graphics, but over a larger map, they do look better than that screenie shows.
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

They already look quite nicely to me. True, the Grand Canyon could look better, but it's still okay...

Comment

uh what r all the natural wonders anyway?

Comment

You mean what are the wonders themselves IRL, or what do they do?

The features they represent are:
                Code:
                Angel Falls                            Urgup Cones 
                 Lake Baikal  Ayers Rock  Grand Canyon

Guilin Hills                     Reef
                                              Barrier 
                                             Great
                A quick Google search should bring up some information on all of them.

They simply add some points of interest to the map, and give a small commerce bonus to cities (tourism).

Comment

Angel Falls - largest (or rather, highest) waterfalls in the world (personally I would have preferred Victoria Falls, which are more impressive but this ain't a bad choice either).

Lake Baikal - largest lake in the world, in Russia. Has been in the news numerous times in the past, should be a familiar name.

Great Barrier Reef - largest reef in the world, near Australia

Ayers Rock - weird mountain in the middle of flatland in Australia

Grand Canyon - greatest canyon in the world, in the US

Guilin Hils - very rare and beautiful hillside in China

Urgup Cones - weird rock formations in Turkey

As IW said, Google will give you more details, pictures, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                    Ayers Rock - weird mountain in the middle of flatland in Australia
                    It's actually officially the Largest Rock in the world. It's all one single seperate rock of sandstone. It's similar to an iceburg where 2/3's of it is under the ground. It's significance to local Aboriginal culture is central to the local tribes "Dreamtime" (their story of creation).

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                      Angel Falls - largest (or rather, highest) waterfalls in the world (personally I would have preferred Victoria Falls, which are more impressive but this ain't a bad choice either).
                      Yeah, I would have too, but height was easier to draw than the vast length of Victoria (or Niagra for that matter)
                      Lake Baikal - largest lake in the world, in Russia. Has been in the news numerous times in the past, should be a familiar name.
                      Deepest, but not most expansive.

Comment

Abit off topic, but in the map editor has anyone ever layed a single piece of river on its own.

It turns into a massive lake that looks quite cool. However it looks dumb when u build a city on it which u can....

Ive never actually seen them appear on a map though, the question is can they?? And if not why?

SMIFFGIG
                        Oxygen should be considered a drug
                        Tiberian Sun Retro
                        My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                        http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Mount everest would be a nice addition to this mod

plus can you have natural wonders taking up more than one tile that appear together like a jigsaw. Could make use of the mountain from the Samauri scenario.
                          Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Ive never actually seen them appear on a map though, the question is can they?? And if not why?
                            I've never seen it, I suspect it's hard-coded not to.
                            Mount everest would be a nice addition to this mod
                            How would it be different to normal mountains though? It would have to go over the top, and it becomes surprisingly difficult...
                            plus can you have natural wonders taking up more than one tile that appear together like a jigsaw. Could make use of the mountain from the Samauri scenario.
                            The Great Barrier Reef is designed to take up more than one tile. It looks for a direction with more reef, and spreads. So it should always appear with a minimum of 2 Great Barrier Reef tiles in a row, and a max of 4.
                            You can use the mountain from the SS scenario, but it might be a bit large, or annoying to have to find exactly the right combination of jungle and forest and do the 4-tile terraforming.

Comment

It could look similar to the img attached only take up the whole tile. Im not sure what bonus it would give you though.
                              Attached Files
                              Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Working...
                              X