The Apolyton Tile File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apolyton Tile File

The Apolyton tile file is a feature to control the use of the CTP2 til files. Since those files come in the game and are unique we must be very careful to the modders changes dont get imcompatible wit each other.
    You can find the download of this set in the Modification > Graphics of the Apolyton database. Where the file will be avaible in a few hours.

Here is the readme:

The Apolyton Tile File

by Pedrunn and IW

I. Introduction
    II. Installation
    III. Editing/adding graphics or questions

I. Introduction

The Tile Files for CTP2 is a collection of graphics used as rivers, Tile Improvements and Terrains during the course of the game.

Thanks to Martin, the Dane the creator of the Tiledit utility, CTP2 Modmakers now can not only edit but also add new graphics for Tile Improvents, rivers, terrain and terrains borders to this collection.

For sure more pictures will be added in the future. But the first time this set of graphics were largely used was in the Wonders code by IW. And then the City Expansion 2 by Pedrunn.
    The creators of this file. And the ones who suggested the creation of a standard version of the til file with the best graphics made by the CTP2 community to control the adding and editing of this so important file. Preventing imcompabilities.

II. Installation

You just need to unzip the ApolytonTile.zip (wich this read me is inside) in your CTP2 base directory.

Note: This file will be find from the CTP2 base directory in the folder path:

"CTP2 base directory"/ctp2_data/default/graphics/tiles/

PS: Dont be afraid of problems in the original game. Since none of original graphics were touched.

III. Editing/adding graphics or questions

The problem about adding new graphics specially Tile Improvements is that only a few TileSet Index numbers do work correctly and appear in the map.
    The rest just doenst appear in map but most of the cases it causes game crashs what turs the attempt to find a number really frustating.
    But we have covered already almost all tileset index from 300 to 499 and 600 to 700. and the tileset that do work and werent used above are:

---> 457, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 649, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699 and 700.

If you have questions about the Tile File or you have a good graphic that you think may be useful for the modmakers or may replace an old version of a current one and wants to add to the Apolyton Tile File:

You can e-mail Pedrunn, the Tile File current Administrator.

pbcavalcanti@uol.com.br

or e-mail the Immortal Wombat:

Weaver1@btopenworld.com

both can be found in the apolyton forums. Where you will find the answers not only to the Tile File but to all of you CTP2 questions.

"Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Graphics Added

Code:
    TERRAINS 			GRAPHIC SOURCE 		TileSet Index 
    *None*

BORDERS				GRAPHIC SOURCE 		TileSet Index 
    *None*

RIVERS				GRAPHIC SOURCE 		TileSet Index
    *None*

TILE IMPROVEMENTS 		GRAPHIC SOURCE 		TileSet Index 

Pyramids of Giza 		Empire Earth 			334 
    Colossus of Rhodes 		Empire Earth 			335 
    Hagia Sofia 			SimCity 3000 			336 
    Pentagon 			Command And Conquer		337 
    Hanging Gardens 		Civ3 				338	 
    Forbidden City 			Civ3 				339 
    Chichen Itza 			Age of Empires 2 		340 
    Madurai Temple 			photograph 			341	 
    Petronas Towers 		photograph 			350 
    Empire State Building 		SimCity 3000 			351  
    AI Entity 			CTP database(edited by Pedrunn) 352
    Dome of the Rock 		SimCity 3000 			353 
    Temple of Zeus 			Empire Earth 			354 
    Temple of Solomon 		Age of Empires 2		355
    Colisseum 			Empire Earth 			356  
    Pharos Lighthouse 		Empire Earth 			357  
    Angkor Wat 			photograph 			365 
    Taj Mahal 			SimCity 3000 			366
    Blue Mosque 			Age of Empires 2	 	367
    Notre Dame Cathedral 		Age of Empires 2		368 
    Great Wall of China 		Civ3 				369/370 
    Stonehenge 			photograph 			371 
    Hollywood 			Created by Pedrunn 		372 
    Eiffel Tower 			SimCity 3000 			381 
    Kremlin 			SimCity 3000 			382 
    Statue of Liberty 		SimCity 3000 			383 
    Sphinx 				SimCity 3000 			384
    St Pauls Cathedral 		Civ3 				385
    Sydney Opera House 		SimCity 3000 			386 
    United Nations 			Civ3 				387 
    Copernicus' Observatory 	Civ3 				388
    Temple of Artemis 		CtP 				396 
    The Globe 			Civ3 				397   
    Field Dynamics Lab 		Civ3 				398 
    Apollo Program 			Civ3 				399  
    Adam Smith's Trading Company 	Civ3 				434
    The Agency 			Civ3 				435  
    Oracle 				Civ3 				436 
    Great Library 			Civ3 				438 
    Cathedral 			Civ3 				456
    Field Dynamics Lab 		Civ3 				398 
    Apollo Program 			Civ3 				399  
    Adam Smith's Trading Company 	Civ3 				434
    The Agency 			Civ3 				435  
    Oracle 				Civ3 				436
    Cathedral 			Civ3 				437	 
    Great Library 			Civ3 				438
    Dinosaur Park 			Created by Pedrunn		439
    World Peace Center		CTP database(edited by Pedrunn) 441
    Central Matter Decompiler	CTP database			450
    National Shield			CTP database(edited by Pedrunn) 451
    SETI Program			CIV3				452
    Eden Project 			Created by Pedrunn		454 
    Lake Baikal			Create by Immortal Wombat	471			
    Grand Canyon			photograph(edited by IW)	472
    Waterfalls			Created by Immortal Wombat	481
    The Guillin Hills		Civ3				482
    Great Barrier Reef		Created by Immortal Wombat	483
    Ayers Rock 			photograph(edited by IW)	484
    Urgup cones			Created by Immortal Wombat	485
    Ancient City			Civ3(edited by Pedrunn) 	608
    Red Roofs City 1		Created by BlueO		609
    Red Roofs City 2		Created by BlueO		610
    Razed Ancient City		Created by BlueO		611
    Modern tiny City		Created by BlueO/Pedrunn	612
    Modern Small City		Created by BlueO		613
    Modern Medium City		Created by BlueO		614
    Modern Big City			Created by BlueO		615
    Modern Small City Ruins		Created by BlueO		617
    Modern Huge City Ruins		Created by BlueO		618
    Genetic Small City		Created by Pedrunn		619
    Genetic Big City		Created by Pedrunn		620
    Genetic City Ruins		Created by Pedrunn		621
    Diamond Small City		CTP series database		622
    Diamond Big City		CTP series database		623
    Diamond City Ruins		Created by Pedrunn		624
    Sea City 			Created by Pedrunn		650
    Sea City Ruins			Created by Pedrunn		651
    Alternative Future City 1	Created by BlueO		655
    Alternative Future City 2	Created by BlueO		656
    Alternative Future City 2 Ruins	Created by BlueO		671
    Alternative Future City 3	Created by BlueO		680
    Alternative Future City 4	Created by BlueO		681
    Alternative Future City 4 Ruins Created by BlueO		690
    Alien City 1			Created by BlueO		691
    Alien City 1 Ruins		Created by BlueO		692
    Alien City 2			Created by BlueO		693
    Alien City 2 Ruins		Created by BlueO		694
    Barbarian Camp			Created by Pedrunn		695

TILE RULES 			GRAPHIC SOURCE 		TileSet Index 
    *None*
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Sorry, I would have approved the file hours ago but I was called away from my PC while uploading the files and didn't return to it until a few minutes ago. The file is available in the Directory now.

Pedrunn (and IW),
      I added a line to the Description field for other modmakers, saying they can contact either of you guys or me if they have additions to the tile file. Is this okay with you guys?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        Pedrunn (and IW),
        I added a line to the Description field for other modmakers, saying they can contact either of you guys or me if they have additions to the tile file. Is this okay with you guys?
        ...or post in this thread. One day I want to see included the purple hills and a completed version of the Submarine Canyon terrain.

Another question why does have the *.zip file a size of 2674 KB, did you included both *.til files, Pedrunn. If I zip my modified file that includes a lot of additional graphics too then I only have a file of the half size. At least you could seperate them if you want to prrovide one for modmakers but the gtset555.til is really not needed.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          Pedrunn (and IW),
          Yeah, fine.

True though, gtset555.til could be removed.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            ...or post in this thread. One day I want to see included the purple hills and a completed version of the Submarine Canyon terrain.
            They are already in my plans. I even had a few words with IW about the purple hills . But we were kind of in a hurry because of our wonder and city expansion codes. So i first released this first version. Dont worry it will be included.
            I assume i can find those terrain graphics/rules in your site.

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            Another question why does have the *.zip file a size of 2674 KB, did you included both *.til files, Pedrunn. If I zip my modified file that includes a lot of additional graphics too then I only have a file of the half size. At least you could seperate them if you want to prrovide one for modmakers but the gtset555.til is really not needed.
            I did include both since i was afraid the gtset555.til did do something (although i had notest before that only the gt565.til were in-game). I guess wont be a problem to remove the gtset555.til.
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

I'm assuming that this is bundled with the Ben's Visible Wonders Mod.

Was the Wonder Tile building issue fixed?

And, of course, what do I need to do to make it Cradle-compatible??
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

No, Ben's Visible Wonder mod has it's own Tile File, which is different from this one. Later (hopefully today), Ben will update the Visible Wonders mod to remove the old Tile File and make the mod itself compatible with this new Tile File.

Right now you don't need to do anything to make it Cradle compatible, it already is. However, if you plan on implenting Visible Wonders Mod and City Expansion and the like, you *will* need to make sure your mod remains compatible with this Apolyton Tile File. Normally that should be the case though, providing you just use whatever files Pedrunn/IW provide you with...

Comment

I was just wondering , why the Sphinx, Dino park and AI Entity wonders are in this pack, as these wonders are no longer in CtP2 there only in CtP1.

Although i wish dino park and AI Entity where still in CtP2
                  Maybe History of the world mod

Anyone know why Activision decided to have the Sphinx as a wonder in Call to Power 1 rather than the pyramids lol lol
                  Oxygen should be considered a drug
                  Tiberian Sun Retro
                  My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                  http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

The Apolyton Tile File replaces the the Visible wonder mods Tile File without imcompatibilities (since the index for the wonders are the same). So you can ovewrite it. But as Locutus said IW will release a version of the visible wonders mod without its tile file. So much smaller (a few KB only).
                    Code:
                    why the Sphinx, Dino park and AI Entity wonders are in this pack,
                    for mod resources. In the mod i am developing i use the dinosaur park and the AI entity. maybe others will want to use too or some of the unused graphics (like the cathedral or the Angkor Wat, the globe, opera house, half of the cities...). If you look much deeper you will notice that most the graphics arent being used by the modders (but may be, even for different purpouses than the visi wonders and cityX).
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG's
                      Anyone know why Activision decided to have the Sphinx as a wonder in Call to Power 1 rather than the pyramids lol lol
                      Legal issues: they couldn't make the game look too much like Civ2...

My current plan is to indeed make the Dino Park and AI Entity return (not the Sphinx though), but the only reason for that is *because* they are part of the Apolyton Tile File Of the wonders currently in the Tile File, about 25-30 will probably make it into HotW. And if I can find someone to do the graphics, there are another 10-20 or so wonders of which I would like to add the graphics to the Tile File (plus perhaps a few extra natural wonders).

Pedrunn,
                      Actually, IW told me last night that there was a problem with the numbering of the current Tile File, which caused his Visible Wonders mod to be incompatible. From what I understand, he needed to fix that.

Comment

Pedrunn renumbered the visi wonder tileIDs from those I had used. Its not a big deal, but it means checking some files out, and altering it all again. I had no time on the PC this evening, but hopefully I can do it tommorrow, because then I'll be away until September 1st.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No, i used the same TileIDs as the Visi Wonders i just changed the TileIDs for the cities.

The only TileID changed for wonders i made was fix the number of the cathedral wich had the same as the oracle. The rest is the same.
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Help Please.

a)Does the tile file work with Cradle (1.32)?

b) If so , how do you avtivate it? I downloaded it , un zipped into the tile file and started a new game and there appears to be no difference, ie, no Grand Canyon etc.

c) Or does it only work with one of the other mods?

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
                              Help Please.

a)Does the tile file work with Cradle (1.32)?

b) If so , how do you avtivate it? I downloaded it , un zipped into the tile file and started a new game and there appears to be no difference, ie, no Grand Canyon etc.

c) Or does it only work with one of the other mods?
                              This file is just a prerequisite to some mods. It just saves some graphics in your CTP2 game database so that mods may or may not use it. Craddle does not use any of the graphics so if you download this file for Craddle you wasted some download time. So far this set of graphics are only being used by the Visible Wonders mod, City Expansion 2.0 mod, the Natural Wonders Mod.
                              Yet Hexagonia, creator of Craddle has already talked to me IW to include these codes i listed i the new 1.33 version of Craddle.
                              You will have to wait this new version to see the canyon, reef barriers, wonders in the map you so much wanted when you downloaded this file.
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                              X