Editing, making new terrain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing, making new terrain.

Is there any utility, that allows u to view/edit the terrain in CtP2 and CtP1. And is there anyway of adding tottaly new tiles to the game, that will be generated on random maps. This is one thing i would personally love to have a go at.

Just out of interest can u add a ice cap around the top and bottom of a map as in Civ3

I see on Martin Gühmann site hes made the hill purple? But how did he do this and can u go any further?

Thanx for the help

SMIFFGIG
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Yeah. TileEdit. Its what we have to use to create new tile improvements too (ala the CityX mod), and I made a Martian terrain set with it. It is pretty tricky though, because the borders all interact quite complexly, and you need to alter loads of files for each terrain you alter.

I don't think, however, that any terrains you add beyond the existing ones will show up on random maps unless you SLIC it. Or you could replace existing terrains, and they'd show up.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
    X