Require CD=no means yes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

What is actual Prophylaxis and what it could be supposed to do?

-Martin
    i think its something like brushing your teeth regularly, using condoms etc

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
      i think its something like brushing your teeth regularly, using condoms etc
      Yeah I thought something like, too. But what should do it in the userprofile.txt?

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Yeah I thought something like, too. But what should do it in the userprofile.txt?

-Martin
        Just following the etymology, it must mean to guard against something. Perhaps it's a virus scan function or an extra debugging tool, or prvents the game from shutting down completely if it encounters an error?

Perhaps, someone could find a save game they have that causes a crash and set this to "Yes"?

Comment

any other weird lines in the userprofile.txt?

Comment

Loads. There was a file that outlined what each line did in the CtP1 userprofile.txt: its probably still in the CtP mod section somewhere. I always meant to do one for CtP2, but never got around to it.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              Loads. There was a file that outlined what each line did in the CtP1 userprofile.txt: its probably still in the CtP mod section somewhere. I always meant to do one for CtP2, but never got around to it.
              It is still there but unfortunatly it doesn't tell you anything about the Prophylaxis entry, only that it is untested and that its default value is Yes and its legal values are Yes or No. So no new information there.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

then howd someone quote theirs to be no?

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang
                  then howd someone quote theirs to be no?
                  Some of the defaults changed from CTP1 to 2 - DebugSLIC was another of them (for CTP mods you have to change it from No to Yes for them to work...)

Comment

thats messed up

Comment

Working...
                    X