Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question.

Hi, I'm relatively new to this game, and I am enjoying it so far. However, I've recently found out that this game has been modded and is a vast improvement over the original version. I've found the mods in the Apolyton Files section, but there seems to be too many of them.

Is there one huge pack here that incorporates all these mods into one?

I'm looking for a reworked tech tree, smarter AI, more diplomacy, visible wonders, more civilizations, unique units, etc, etc..

Does a pack exist that will allow me to have these features all at once, after one simple install?

Thanks.

Well the simple answer is no.
    The big3 are IMHO :

1. Craddle
    2. MedMod
    3. Apolyton

In no particular order- just read the Topped thread for a better description. Each does something different with the game.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

As I'm relatively new, I could use a recommendation or two. Which one would YOU recommend, that incorporates, at least, a few of my wants and needs in the post above?

Comment

well it's purely a matter of taste, but i really like Craddle - the AI is ok, it's got an extended ancient age(my favourite), and i like the tech tree.
        If you want UU's then it will have to be MedMod, which also has a great tech tree(although Craddle does have 'hero' units when you build certain wonders.).
        Apolyton is more of an improved CTP2 as it was shipped. As i said the thread has much better info and Locutus did a good write up in the other Forum - check it out
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
          Well the simple answer is no.
          The big3 are IMHO :

1. Craddle
          2. MedMod
          3. Apolyton

In no particular order- just read the Topped thread for a better description. Each does something different with the game.
          4. GoodMod
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

5. World at war (WAW)

Comment

hey... if Propaganda is From Russia then... why's he holding up my flag
              Communist or Imperial... that doesn't matter... Im still theDivineEmperor

Comment

well Arsenal, GoodMod is one of the big 4 in that case!
                I was asked my opinion after all, and there have been a few questions asked about Goodmod -check the present tourney thread,and of course its own thread.
                Centrifuge, same for WAW - it's a great mod to play(it surprised the hell out of me!), but it feels a bit rough around the edges.Again it's my humble opinion.

So i still feel that the most complete CTP2 experience i've had is with the big3 as mentioned - they are good places to start for new guys and gals to the game.
                I'm sure when i've played more GoodMod it'll be in my 'Fave' list, same with WAW(which i find just too damn aggresive and traumatising ).

Comment

Working...
                X