SAP2 AI V's other mods AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin:

It's funny you know, but sometimes the AI does no water activity at all in WAW, and sometimes it goes all out. I couldn't work it out.

Anyways, on the question on what I did, it's the WAW readily available on the database, so it's nothing new.

Comment

I'm currently (it's taking so much time) playing a game with just the SAP 2.0 and I'm having a hard time with those enemy stack that are being sent my way. I can barely kepp my cities and occasionally loose one. But I had the idea to send a lonely knight into enemy territory. Now the buggy game allows me to see if there's some defence in a city or not because the cursor won't change to crossed swords if it hasn't. So I discover that most of the AI's cities are sitting there defenseless and there's nobody around to attack my lonely rider, they're all up in my territory giving me a hard time. So I can now take one city after the other, and additionally enslave everybody. I weaken the enemy severly. To me this seems really, really not good gameplay. Any thoughts?

Comment

mapfi:

This has to do with the modified frenzyAI script I used. Unfortunately, us modders haven't perfected the way to increase AI attack without taking from its defense yet.

Comment

I always thought militia helped this problem somewhat, as long as more militia units were drafted in according to city size. The AI also tends to build less, but extremely large cities too.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Just one thing... i thought that MM2 use the same harder AI as Cradle and Super Apolyton pack ???

and if not, WHY not?
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

It doesnt use Frenzy AI or a modification of it i think. I dont mind it, at least it offers something different.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

What mods do you play with CtP2?
                Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

At the moment i play Cradle 1.32 and SAP+goodmod, havent played MM2 for a while now. Im not sure when there will be another update to it, i think id prefer to wait for an update.

Comment

Isnt the stuff from the super apolyton pack already in the Cradle mod ?
                    Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Goodmod is included in Cradle 1.32 yeah, not sure which version though, cant look right now. Im sure its all listed in the corresponding forum threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X