Silent Soothsayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Soothsayers

Why is there no sound when using the "Soothsaying" abilities of Clerics?

I noticed this and checked the .txt files and it references a .wav file. I then made my own just in case the one that is referenced is not around, but still no sound.

Chances are someone has already fixed this. Is there any guidance on what to do?

No, there's no fix AFAIK, but you could simply replace the wav file (which probably doesn't exist then or is empty) with a file of your own... (does the CtP1 version have a sound?)
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      No, there's no fix AFAIK, but you could simply replace the wav file (which probably doesn't exist then or is empty) with a file of your own... (does the CtP1 version have a sound?)
      I tried replacing it with my own sound, but it still doesn't work. Oh well.

I don't know if the last question is for me, but I don't have CTP1, so I'm not sure.

Comment

Hmm, odd... Maybe there's a bug in Units.txt, it points to the wrong sound entry?
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          Hmm, odd... Maybe there's a bug in Units.txt, it points to the wrong sound entry?
          I checked the files of the original game the sound is there. That leads me to the question which mod do you use ahenobarb, in order to get to know which files we have to check.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

I checked the files of the original game the sound is there. That leads me to the question which mod do you use ahenobarb, in order to get to know which files we have to check.

-Martin
            Martin, I use Cradle Ultra Gigantic Maps. Just in the way of background, I changed the sounds for a Cleric Converting a city and Selling Indulgences following the same process and this worked fine. But, with the soundless Soothsaying, there is still no sound if I add my own.

The original sound file was something with a nonesensical title (Just an alpha-numeric) contained within the sound.zfs (I have managed to open this with the tool that was pointed out to me). I'll double check the units.txt file later and see what that turns up.

Comment

Originally posted by ahenobarb
              Martin, I use Cradle Ultra Gigantic Maps. Just in the way of background, I changed the sounds for a Cleric Converting a city and Selling Indulgences following the same process and this worked fine. But, with the soundless Soothsaying, there is still no sound if I add my own.

The original sound file was something with a nonesensical title (Just an alpha-numeric) contained within the sound.zfs (I have managed to open this with the tool that was pointed out to me). I'll double check the units.txt file later and see what that turns up.
              In this case the files are called CRA_units.txt and CRA_sounds.txt, I checked them both and the look OK.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
              X