Civ 3 style resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 style resources

I was just surfing the forums and I did't find any such topics. I really like CTPII. Much more than Civ3. The only thing that is better in Civ3 are strategic resources needed for production of some units (horses for Knights, aluminium for Fighters,... etc.) Is there a mod that would make this needs available in CTPII? And another thing: is there a unit pack? See, I've got all this mods (like the WWII mod) and I still want to play an nonscenario game with units in the scenario. So how can I do that. Thx

Well you could start here , it's got some useful links to other topics as well that have been thought about. CTP2 has alot of potential! And no there are no mods yet that use strategic resources, but it's being worked on i think
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

As far as civ3 resources are concerned, it has been discussed numerous times before and people have looked into the matter but so far noone has been able to create a working product. Some threads can be found here, here and here. I'm quite certain there have been more threads but I can't find them right now...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Wouter, that here, here and here thing looks great . While I love Civ 3, can't break up with the CtP world, either - I like the unconventional warfare too much, I guess.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It does, doesn't it?
          Yeah, unconventional warfare, PW, stacked combat, MP, SLIC, almost 100% moddable... Civ3 is not even in CtP's league...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

While I'll never agree with you on this, I admit I still enjoy both games. Unconventional warfare is what I miss the most. PW works fine for me, but so do Workers - I really like both. Stacked combat - can't really decide . Sometimes I love it, sometimes not . But I'm more used to single unit combat, though.

SLIC and moddable - what makes it worth playing. If it wasn't, it would be a pirece of crap. However, I find Civ 3 more challenging, still, clever AI. By far the best I've seen. However, on highest difficulty levels, the modded AI of CtP 2 can also provide a defree of challenge.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
            X