Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton pack installation

Hello,
    I downloaded and installed the Apolyton pack and the modswapper, but when I try to launch the modified game I get SLIC error messages before the game starts about undeclared functions called Destroybuilding, GetPersonalityType...

Any idea what this problem is due to?

Regards

I believe, The way to get around this is to go to the userprofile.txt, find the line that says DebugSlic=, and make sure that it says no. Under the default setup, this file should be found in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp. I hope this helps.

C

Comment

That's one possibility that could cause the problem, but I think it is rather that the patch is not installed.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Patch
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Sorry again but its just another cause I think.
          First the DebugSlic flag is set to No in the userprofile.
          And I have issue 1.1 of CTP2 installed, the 1.11 patch installation just answers "You don't need to install the patch, bla, bla,bla" and quits.

Comment

That's odd. For the patch there is only one patch the difference between 1.1 and 1.11 is that 1.11 has a more userfriendly installer for English windows versions that don't be UK or US IIRC, the content is the same. Could you give us the slic file and the line number from the error message, so we can locate the bug, ekktor?

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

OK I actually got many errors reports and can't get till the end. Here are the first ones (file > line num > undeclared function).

capturecity > 26, 47 > DestroyBuilding
              diplomod > 100, 267 > GetPersonalityType
              diplomod > 546 > Get AgreementDuration
              airunit > 75 > TileHasImprovement
              ComImpSForAIs > 51, 57, 63, 84, 90, 96, 107, 113 ... > TileHasImprovement

Comment

Definately a patch thing. Try uninstalling CtP2 and reinstalling the game, then the patch, then ModSwapper, then the Apolyton Pack.
                You shouldn't need to download it all again if you kept the zips.

Does the patch work strangely on non-English versions, Martin?
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Also, just to be on safe side, make sure that you've installed CTP2 and the Patch, to the default directory...
                  The automated installer may have a problem finding it otherwise... It's a relatively simple thing, but I've run into problems with Activision's automated installs in the past, because I didn't have it in the default setup.

Comment

Well I de-installed everything, re-installed the game, down-loaded all the files again and re-installed modswap and the mod pack: still got the same error. Getting nut!
                    Does anyone know where these 'DestroyBuilding', 'GetPersonalityType', 'GetAgreementDuration', 'TileHasImprovement' and 'ArmyIsValid' functions are supposed to be defined? Are they supposed to be default functions of the game?

Comment

Yes, it's definitely a patch problem.

Uninstall CtP2, reinstall it to the default folder (Program Files\Activision\Call to Power 2), play the game for 1 or 2 turns, download the patch from the link that IW provided above (which is known to work), install it. Only if this has worked you can intall ModSwapper and Apolyton Pack, etc.

This procedure should work, or at least minimize the chance of failure (well, you could minimize it further by completely reinstalling Windows but that's an awful lot of work while the chance of this actually making a difference is slim). Let us know if this works or not...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Oops crosspost. Well, in that case we'll have to get the old manual patch idea from the shelf again. Too bad I haven't gotten around to working on that yet... give me a day or two...

Comment

Thanks everybody,
                          I de-installed and re-installed, this time in the default directory and it seems to work. I much appreciate your help, though I hate this $@#@ PC world where programs don't work the same way if you install them in a different directory
                          I'll enjoy the modpack now.

Comment

Great to hear that
                            Yeah, Windows s*cks... (it's got to be a windows issue because we all have exactly the same game and only some of us have this problem)

Comment

Working...
                            X