Apolyton steals my units!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton steals my units!

I get the Apolyton mod back, the patch, and modswapper downloaded (over 56.6--ARGH, I can't wait for my new broadband to get up and running) and ready to go. Everything's installed and I start a game. What happens? All of a sudden the game takes control of my settler, randomly moving it around and blithely going through turn after turn!!!!

I tried an original style game and this didn't happen, so it's not the patch. I can work around this by turning off automatic turn cycling, but it's a pain to work it that way. How do I turn this "feature" off.

(And my copy of CTP2 was a bargain jewel-case-only deal bought last week--no manual, so I've been learning this game as I play it in the first place.)

Its a bug, caused by some of the SLIC code in the Apolyton Patch.

As soon as you have the second city founded, or lose the second settler some other way, it should stop. Then you can put auto-cycling back on again.

The bug itself is being fixed...

We apologise for the inconvenience
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Lafayette,
      Check the Apolyton mod thread for more info on this, also it comes up in the WAW mod thread - welcome to CTP2 and don't give up yet!(although the thought of downloading over 56k does make me want to weep!) Hope u get that broadband soon. If you are really desperate to play then just play the patched(1.1) game, at least you will get to know the game interface and it will stand you in good stead for when the bug is fixed. You will be pleasently surprised at the difference the mod will make
      Other than that you could try Craddle(1.2), this doesn't have this bug.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Methinks Lafayette (and others) may want to play the Tournament and *need* AP...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yeah you could be right still what is it with all the problems people are having recently. It seems like alot of people are getting bad or corrupted files, even the basic one's(1.1patch,Modswopper+Mods(newer versions))seem to cause 'not normal' problems when installing? Even at my first attempt i never had to do a complete CTP2 uninstall and then reinstall just to get it working(and in no way is that because i'm a genius at this stuff.). So is it just me or do you think something is up?Maybe we have been sabotaged by Civ3 die-hards
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Nah, people have always had problems with various parts of the game. These waves of 'newbie problems' just come and go, depending on how much traffic the rest of the site gets (though this time the tournament is probably partially responsible as well)... Heck, I've never been able to install the game properly myself, I've always had to do a manual install (unzip the files with WinZip, copy the installer tool to the harddisk and use dummy zipfiles to get the reg settings right). The only time installation went flawless for me was with an early alpha
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X