No announcement yet.

Help on World Map & 28 Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install modswapper 1.21 it's the same as 1.5 apparently.
    Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Originally posted by Turambar
      Install modswapper 1.21 it's the same as 1.5 apparently.
      And I thought it was v.1.12. But anyway at least I downloaded v.1.12 from Wes' homepage, and it does work with all the mods so no need to worry. But maybe we should inform Locutus about it so he can fix this when he returns.

Unfortunatly there is no Ultra Gigantic Map option in ApolytonPack anymore, to be able to play with ultra gigantic maps just downlad GoodMod and use the according gameplay option.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I have a question.

Are the mods in ModSwapper sorted chronologically by installation date? When I asked Locutus, he said his were done alphabetically. Just wondering...
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I think they're sorted alphabetically by the name of the *_gamefile.txt, with original first. But I'm not sure. I'm fairly sure it's not by installation date.

Comment

In my ModSwapper the mods are sorted chronologically and it claims to be v.1.12. I downloaded it as I said above from Wes homepage (a long time ago).

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I just tested mine (v1.12) - I created an AAA_gamefile.txt and it appeared at the top, and an XXX_gamefile.txt appeared at the bottom, regardless of what the title of the mod was. Of course, both were most recent chronologically.

Comment

Yeah, Martin's results copy mine, and JB's copy Locutus'. How bizarre.

All I want is all my Cradle options together...
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                  All I want is all my Cradle options together...
                  Then just edit all the crade gamefile.txts so that the last modified dates are all the most recent. Surely that can be the only way they are sorted chronologically.

Comment

Incidentally, I can't remember where I downloaded my ModSwapper from, but it wasn't WesW's site.

Comment

Also... What file system are you using - I'm using NTFS. That might make a difference.

Comment

Win98

Comment

Well, as dangerous as it is to make a hypothesis on so little data, I guess that what's going on is that under FAT32 the built in loop-through-all-files-in-the-directory goes through in chronological order, but under NTFS it's sorted by name (to optimize file searches) and so we get them in filename order. But it could be a coincidence.

Comment

Sounds reasonable. I'll have to upgrade

Comment

Yes, it does have to do with the windows version (as I told you, IW, when we had that ICQ conversation ). I noticed the savegames have this same change in sorting order, so it does indeed appear to be an NTFS issue.
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

You didn't tell me, you suggested it. And you didn't use big words like "FAT32", "hypothesis" and "optimize".

Comment

Working...
                                X