The map editor/cheat mode and cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The map editor/cheat mode and cities

When placing cities with the "cheat-mode" editor in the original game, there are only 3 functional buttons. The first two represent city styles 1 and 2 (sprites 28 to 33). The third starts with a size one city which I assume is the "asian" style, but turns to city style 1 once you increase the size. How can this be fixed? I didn't see anything that would raise my admittedly rudamentary suspicions in the agecitystyle.txt, or Cityid.txt. Also how can more city style choices be added to the editor?

Thanks,
    C

You can't add more city style choices. If you haven't gone too far into your scenario-making yet, you may want to consider using the first 3 styles as the ones you want to use, and replacing them, not adding more.
    I didn't know the third button was buggy. maybe you could try playing some turns with the city surrounded by hydroponic farms, then resetting everything afterwards.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

That's what I was afraid of I have been using the 1st 3 city styles, but because of the bug with the 3rd button, my Scandivavian cities turn into Soviet cities. Bummer!!!

IW, Here is another question for you though: can you think of or do you know of a SLIC code that will change the city sprite upon it being conquered by another civ?

Comment

Doesn't it do that automatically?
        I really have no idea how the city sprites work, I don't know how SLIC placing them would affect the style. Surely you want the sprites to stay the same on capture, to signify the cities that you've captured, rather than founded?
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I actually was thinking more along the lines of changing the city sprite to show a city that is bruised and beaten after being attacked.

Comment

Working...
          X