Another renaming question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another renaming question

I tried a forum search, but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for... besides, some of you guys don't even have to think twice about most of my questions

I need to know every file (and where in those files) that needs to be changed when changing the name of a city improvement. I'm trying to avoid bugs and crashes.

For the time being, I'm not changing any of the properties of the city improvements, just some names.

Again I want to thank you all for your help
    (I feel quite inept with this sometimes )

For the name shown in the build manager, open gl_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ folder. If you want that the Great Library mention the correct name than you have to edit the Great_Library.txt.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks yet again Martin,

That's it? I thought that there would be at least 3 or 4 different places that needed to be changed...

Comment

Yup, that's it. When you want to *add* city imps (or units or wonders or anything else), you have to make changes in at least 3 or 4 different places...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

yah like when you change an imp theirs a bit of text that deals with the pop up name you have to change so your imp doesn’t always say mine when its a farm and so forth.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
          X